Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chevrolet > El Camino
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 04-19-2003, 08:05 AM   #1
Gangrel52
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to Gangrel52
Heavy Blue Smoke

I think It may be a ring problem, but whenever I accelerate hard, I get a trail of blue smoke...

305 V-8 --- 1979 El Camino

Someone told me it could have something to do with the transmission and a filter of some sort?

I'm usually really good with cars, but this problem is bugging me, I already changed the Rings and it persists.....

Any Ideas?
Old 04-19-2003, 09:04 AM   #2
Shortbus
Blah blah blah

Send a message via AIM to Shortbus
Could be the engine Valve stem seals, but usually the engine will smoke on startup after setting.

There is also the possibility referring to the transmission that the Trans Vacume modulator is bad and the engine is sucking trans fluid through the vacume line directly to the intake manifold where it is entering the cylinders and burning the transfluid. You can unhook the Vacume modulator vacume line and see if there is tranny fluid present in the line.

If that is the case then replace the vacume modulator they usually run anywhere from 15 to 50 depending on where you buy it.

Good luck.
Shortbus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2004, 01:42 AM   #3
sasquatch1
AF Newbie

Cool Re: Heavy Blue Smoke

check that your pcv valve is venting properly.I had a similar problem that about drove me nuts,then one day my brother in law pointed out that the hose going from the pcv valve to the carb was kinked.I fixed the kink and no more smoke. Some times what seems a major problem only needs a minor fix.
sasquatch1 is offline   Reply With Quote