Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chevrolet > Blazer > Problem Diagnosis
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Problem Diagnosis Got a problem you can't fix? Post here and one of our members will answer as soon as possible.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 07-13-2009, 05:03 PM   #1
AlphaCrow
AF Newbie

Thumbs down Fuel pump top piece (3 nippled, distributor)

Hi again.

Need to replace the top piece on the fuel pump. Its a white cap, 3 prongs or nipples (long, white tubes) that go to the 3 fuel lines (via black connectors).

Trying to avoid $300 for a whole, new fuel pump assembly. I could transplant the cap. If I could find out the name of the piece, it would help in my searching.

While back, broke one of them and repaired it with some help. Didn't stick, because now, almost a year later, it's leaking at the connection on that same one I broke.

Junkyards aren't interested, they only want to sell the used fuel pump at $180.

Any ideas or names are appreciated. Thanks
AlphaCrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 05:53 PM   #2
rhandwor
AF Enthusiast

Re: Fuel pump top piece (3 nippled, distributor)

I would ask the yard for a core or a unit with a damaged pump. If you agree to a price they will tell the next customer their is a core charge and he will return the used part.
You can get an elbow at a hardware store 5/16 or 3/8 inch size with copper crimp connectors. All you need is appx. 3/4 inch cut with a tubing cutter slip this unit over and tighten. This will repair a unit cut off with a sawszall.
when somebody is changing a pump on a pickup.
rhandwor is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chevrolet > Blazer > Problem Diagnosis