Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Cadillac > General Discussion
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 03-29-2003, 07:41 AM   #1
matt587996
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to matt587996
Question Can Someone Help Me !!

i have a 1988 cadillac bro and for some reason the driver side seat will not move and the window window wont go back up...so if someone knows how i can move the seat and window without useing the eletricity that would be nice thanks

you can email me at matt587996@aol.com or contact me on aol im,ICQ,AND YAHOO i havew listed my contacts on my profile
matt587996 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2003, 11:44 PM   #2
custom-uniforms
AF Newbie

Hello,

I have a 1990 fleetwood.

As far as I know there is no way to put up the window and move the seat manually. It might just be a fuse if you are lucky.

The best investment a cadillac owner can make is to go on ebay and get a dealer servise manual. It will tell you which fuse controls what items.

Next step if fuses are OK would be to see if power is going to the window and seat motors with a tester. If there is power going to the motors then the motors are bad and you should go to a wrecker to get a new ones.

If no power is going to the motors and the fuse is OK then you have to work back to the next connector to see there the power is stopping.
I have had both these problems at different times and my mechanic
just giggles the wire ir makes a better connection and the proble was fixxed with minimal cost.

If the mechanic says it the wiring harness get another mechanic to test it
because that can be costly. The auto wrecker and the dealer service manuals can be your best friends.

Good luck, Terry
custom-uniforms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2003, 10:40 PM   #3
kaskillah
AF Enthusiast

Another thing to do if the harness is bad, is to take a jumper wire from a terminal that you know is hot and just connect it to main feed blocks of your seat and window motors, you can at least move the seat where you need it and close your window until you can get a permanent fix.
I did that on old '67 Caddy that I used to have many years ago. I ended up making it a permanent fix that worked till the day I sold that car. It didn't even cost me anything to do it except a little time.
kaskillah is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Cadillac > General Discussion