Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Honda > CR-V
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 04-15-2008, 07:39 PM   #1
bfisher
AF Newbie

Looking at CRV

I have never had a Honda CRV but test drove a 2007 which I fell for. However, since I can't afford one, I am looking at used. One was a 2003 with 108,000 miles . They wanted $8800. Is that good? That seems like a lot of miles but I was told the Honda's go 200,000 + in miles. Is that true? Also, what was a good year in used to look at?
Thanks!
bfisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2008, 09:04 PM   #2
LSC9901
AF Newbie

Re: Looking at CRV

Quote:
Originally Posted by bfisher
I have never had a Honda CRV but test drove a 2007 which I fell for. However, since I can't afford one, I am looking at used. One was a 2003 with 108,000 miles . They wanted $8800. Is that good? That seems like a lot of miles but I was told the Honda's go 200,000 + in miles. Is that true? Also, what was a good year in used to look at?
Thanks!
It all depends on the vehicle. You haven't given much info about the vehicle. Is it an EX, LX, AWD or 2 WD ? What options come with it ? How many owners ? Maint. records available ? Was it a lease ?

$8800.00 is a bit on the low side according to NADA for the LX - AWD model. I've had three of them ('01, 04 & 07) They've all been reliable cars. The '01 had about 92K on it when I traded it for the '07. Look around on line and get an idea of what current prices are in your area. Great cars but do your homework.
LSC9901 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2008, 04:51 AM   #3
kiriath-arba
AF Newbie

We've owned a 2.0 litre 4WD 1999 CR-V from new which has 150,000 km on the clock. It's been an excellent vehicle. With oil + filter changes every 10,000 km it's not yet showing signs of any significant engine wear. I'm not an expert but don't see why a CR-V could not do 200,000 miles if it is well maintained. It would depend on the type of driving it's been used for too. Most engine wear happens in the first few minutes from cold start. If I was buying second hand, I would want to see good maintenance records. A vehicle which has not been cared for could clap out much sooner than that. If it has belt driven camshafts for example, the cambelt is definitely an item that needs replacing at the recommended intervals.
kiriath-arba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2008, 11:37 AM   #4
wiseguy01
AF Enthusiast

last time i checked all hondas have a timing belt made of rubber its what makes it an interference engine
wiseguy01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2008, 11:05 AM   #5
derffred
AF Newbie

I am thinking about a used C-RV as my next car when I replace my WIndstar, great milage and still can carry a lot of stuff in the back

if you want to read some reviews on them go here
http://www.carsurvey.org/model_Honda_CR-V.html

great car review site by owners

Owner of a 98 Ford Windstar
and a 01 PT Cruiser
derffred is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Honda > CR-V