Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chrysler > Concorde
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 02-12-2008, 12:58 PM   #1
AF Newbie

No Spark

I just swapped a 95 3.5l out of my 95 Intrepid and placed it in my 97 Concorde. I changed out my o2 sensors and my transmission harness so the o2 sensors would fit. i have the engine all bolted in the car and everything hooked up. went to start the engine but it wouldnt turn over so i poured oil into all of the cylinders and the pistons finally broke free. then i checked for spark but there was absolutely none. i pulled the wiring diagrams for the ignition coil and i saw tath the DG/OR wire has a capacitor on it and turns into a ground but the wire also runs into the ASD Relay and alternator. i have tested the wire and there is good ohms reading but there is no voltage runnin through the wires. my two auto teachers and i are stumped on this and cannot figure it out. i am so close to gettin my car on the road and need a little help trying to figure this out with out sending it to the dodge dealership and having them charge me a boatload of money for a probably easy fix.

thanks
98101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2008, 07:46 PM   #2
M Nelson
AF Newbie

Re: No Spark

I would suggest replacing the crankshaft position sensor. It's located on the trans bell-housing, passenger side. It is not uncommon that this becomes damaged when changing an engine.
M Nelson is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chrysler > Concorde