Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Cadillac > General Discussion
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Closed Thread Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 01-07-2003, 03:16 PM   #1
WakkaWu
Banned

Send a message via AIM to WakkaWu
Cadillac Sixteen

Cadillac defies convention and shatters all notions of what an ultra luxury car should be with the Cadillac Sixteen. This new breed of Cadillac surges past other vehicles in this class, creating an entire new realm of opulence, craftsmanship and technological wizardry.
The Cadillac Sixteen is rear-wheel drive powered by an all-aluminum 13.6-liter engine. It includes technology such as Displacement on Demand, which allows the engine to run on four, eight or sixteen cylinders depending on driving conditions. Other advancements include:

7,000 rpm capability
1,000 horsepower and 1,000 lbs.-ft. of torque
Advanced cylinder head port design
Titanium alloy valves and valve springs
Variable camshaft phasing
The interior is a pure expression of design, with fine woods, precision cut metals and crystal used in harmony throughout. The opulent, yet refined, interior features:
Hand-stitched Tuscany leather seats
Hand-woven silk carpets
Custom-designed crystal cluster dials
Custom BulgariŽ clock
Reclining rear seats with foot and leg rests
BoseŽ sound system
DVD Information and entertainment system
Fifth-generation OnStar in-vehicle safety and security communication system
The Cadillac Sixteen reflects the bold, dramatic design of the new Cadillac, with much of the car's structure and body panels made of aluminum. The highly refined and malleable aluminum allowed Cadillac craftsmen to create shapes and designs that would not have been possible if only steel and wood were used.
Old 01-07-2003, 03:47 PM   #2
WakkaWu
Banned

I was also just on this other forum and theres these damn morons saying this car lacks design and technology.Compared to what?This car has more technology than that of any Bently and in my opinion design too.This car is just beutiful.To see some pics that I so far know of go to www.cadillac.com and go into the concepts area.There a very good chance they will make this too.
Old 01-07-2003, 07:01 PM   #3
MaxSE
AF Regular

it's crap!
Old 01-07-2003, 09:27 PM   #4
WakkaWu
Banned

Just like your Maxima.Anyway,why do you say that?Can you name another car thats better?
Old 01-07-2003, 09:53 PM   #5
Jimster
Here for the pussy, man.

Send a message via ICQ to Jimster Send a message via AIM to Jimster Send a message via Yahoo to Jimster
I seriously doubt it'll ever reach production- and quite frankly I think that a Bentley would be better interior-wise- you can try but you will never better the craftsmanship of a Bentley- and that is a fact.

The technology SOUNDS impressive- but the displacement control has been used by Mercedes-Benz before. 7000rpm is very weak for an engine of that displacement and power- In fact this car has NOTHING on the Bugatti Veryon. It only took a look at the figures to tell me that.

Never seen any pictures so I won't comment on the design.

2007 Audi A4 3.0 TDI Le Mans
Old 01-07-2003, 10:14 PM   #6
WakkaWu
Banned

There (GM) is saying its a very good chance they are making it.MY opinion and this isnt just because Im a Caddy man either,I think the craftsmenship of this car is better than the Bentlys.Because in my opinion,they have had basically the same look for a very long time now.You should check this out,this car is very nice in design.
Old 01-08-2003, 03:13 PM   #7
MaxSE
AF Regular

Quote:
...this car is very nice in design.

Yeah if you like boats.
Old 01-08-2003, 03:32 PM   #8
WakkaWu
Banned

Max have you seen this car yet?Or is it that you just don't like Caddys?It's no longer than the seville and if you don't like this desgn then you need your head checked.
Old 01-08-2003, 03:44 PM   #9
Heep
AF Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to Heep Send a message via MSN to Heep
Quote:
Originally posted by WakkaWu
There (GM) is saying its a very good chance they are making it.MY opinion and this isnt just because Im a Caddy man either,I think the craftsmenship of this car is better than the Bentlys.Because in my opinion,they have had basically the same look for a very long time now.You should check this out,this car is very nice in design.
By "craftsmanship", he was referring to quality of build. I admire Cadillac build quality, but it's still produced by robots that don't take the time to make sure everything is perfect. Bentleys are hand built, and if anything isn't perfect, the car does not leave the factory until it is. Also, the outrageous price you pay for a Bentley actually does go to something...it buys you the best materials on the face of the earth. I'm willing to bet the new Cadillac will have a hell of a lot more plastic than any Bentley has or ever will.

I think the car is most definitely a step in the right direction for Cadillac, and I would like to see them make it. While it won't be able to match Bentley craftsmanship, it will obviously be much less expensive and more accessible. The car is impressive, and is packed with gadgets, but it's a different car than a Bentley. Better in some ways, worse in others, but not all-conquering.

MaxSE: Please either keep your comments to yourself or politely explain your reasoning...don't just flame WakkaWu for liking the car. He's got the right to like car if he wants, just like I'm sure you like your Max.

Old 01-08-2003, 03:59 PM   #10
WakkaWu
Banned

I agree wth most of that.This car is definalty comparable to a Bently because this specific model is entirely hand-built.

Quote:
. I'm willing to bet the new Cadillac will have a hell of a lot more plastic than any Bentley has or ever will
This model is also made entirely out of aluminum.Therefor very little platic,if a at all.Which with all Cadillcs today,there ishardly any plastic in the cars.Basically eveything is made out of leather(dashboard,seats,steering wheel,ect.

Quote:
Also, the outrageous price you pay for a Bentley actually does go to something...it buys you the best materials on the face of the earth
In my opinion,there is no vehicle on the face of te earth worth 200 grand.No matter what you get with it.

Quote:
it will obviously be much less expensive
This car is more expensive than the Bently Arnage($200,000.00).The Sixteen cost $250,000.00.
Old 01-08-2003, 04:05 PM   #11
Heep
AF Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to Heep Send a message via MSN to Heep
OK, thanks for the correction, I was under the impression it was significantly less expensive and not hand built, but the way it is it would be compareable to a Bentley for sure.

However, you say no car is worth $200k, and the Caddy is $250k...so not worth it, in your opinion?

Old 01-08-2003, 04:12 PM   #12
WakkaWu
Banned

And this is my very last word on build quality of Cadillacs because Im really sick of hearing about it.Cadillacs have great build quality.

Quote:
However, you say no car is worth $200k, and the Caddy is $250k...so not worth it, in your opinion?
Yes in my opinion,no car is worth that much.
Old 01-08-2003, 07:05 PM   #13
Jimster
Here for the pussy, man.

Send a message via ICQ to Jimster Send a message via AIM to Jimster Send a message via Yahoo to Jimster
Quote:
Originally posted by WakkaWu
And this is my very last word on build quality of Cadillacs because Im really sick of hearing about it.Cadillacs have great build quality.

Yes in my opinion,no car is worth that much.
Well 250 grand is a lot of money- but there are some people that can afford it- and the material for the Bentley and this new Cadillac are very expensive- and you pay for a carefully built car- with expensive technology- don't forget developement costs.

As for Cadillac build quality- it is fairly decent- and won't fall apart on you- but it's rival manufacturers do it better ('cept maybe Lincoln)

2007 Audi A4 3.0 TDI Le Mans
Old 01-08-2003, 09:11 PM   #14
WakkaWu
Banned

Quote:
Well 250 grand is a lot of money- but there are some people that can afford it- and the material for the Bentley and this new Cadillac are very expensive- and you pay for a carefully built car- with expensive technology- don't forget developement costs.

Theres lots of people that can afford it.If I had millions to spends then you would see much more than two Cadillacs in my driveway.I see your point but its still a car.GM has already put 3 million dollars into this car,3 times as much as a normal concept,and if they put it into production it will cost them about 1 billion dollars,making 1000 of the Sixteens a year.
Old 01-11-2003, 01:07 PM   #15
WakkaWu
Banned

Quote:
As for Cadillac build quality- it is fairly decent- and won't fall apart on you- but it's rival manufacturers do it better ('cept maybe Lincoln)

I strongly disagree,take a trip to Mexico,all you see there are old American cars,mostly GMs.

Closed Thread

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Cadillac > General Discussion