Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > BMW > 3 Series
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 05-21-2007, 05:21 PM   #1
sal5pointo
AF Newbie

325 Ci 2003 A/C prob, please help!!!

I have a 2003 E46 325Ci. My problem is that the A/C will not work on Auto. it blows out hot air from the vents, and the vents are set to blue, not red. The only way that i can get cold air to come out of the vents is if I put it on Vents and Floor. The vents blow cold and the Floor blows burning hot! so my feet suffer, and My face gets cold, but the overall temp of the car is never comfortable. I have taken the car to BMW for the compressor and an A/C charge so this is not the problem. I have had several suggestions, but no one can narrow it down. stepper motor, water valve, blower motor resistor, i just don't know. but i do know it is hot and I need my A/C.

any help is very much appreciated.

thanks
sal5pointo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2007, 10:45 AM   #2
bmwe36i
AF Newbie

Re: 325 Ci 2003 A/C prob, please help!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sal5pointo
I have a 2003 E46 325Ci. My problem is that the A/C will not work on Auto. it blows out hot air from the vents, and the vents are set to blue, not red. The only way that i can get cold air to come out of the vents is if I put it on Vents and Floor. The vents blow cold and the Floor blows burning hot! so my feet suffer, and My face gets cold, but the overall temp of the car is never comfortable. I have taken the car to BMW for the compressor and an A/C charge so this is not the problem. I have had several suggestions, but no one can narrow it down. stepper motor, water valve, blower motor resistor, i just don't know. but i do know it is hot and I need my A/C.

thanks
well
i think there is aproblem with the gate(s) that switchs the air pathway from the compressor and hot air coming from the engine
when u choose air to come from vent (for instance) this gates must move so it prevent air from the engine to blow out and only allow air from the compressor to blow out
check this gates and see .....
bmwe36i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2007, 10:45 AM   #3
bmwe36i
AF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sal5pointo

thanks
well
i think there is aproblem with the gate(s) that switchs the air pathway from the compressor and hot air coming from the engine
when u choose air to come from vent (for instance) this gates must move so it prevent air from the engine to blow out and only allow air from the compressor to blow out
check this gates and see .....
bmwe36i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2007, 01:50 PM   #4
BAVARIANM
AF Regular

faulty water valve
BAVARIANM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2010, 11:10 AM   #5
ladagosta
AF Regular

Sal
do you still have your 325ci? if so can you assist with a wiring issue I would be so grateful to get mine back on the road instead of it becoming a lawn ornament.. thanks I have a post I need to ID where 2 wires connect.. simple as that and without access to one locally I am a sitting BMW.. thank you in advance if you would be so kind to pop your hood and find these 2 wires and let me know where they are supposed to go.. again thanks
ladagosta is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > BMW > 3 Series