Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Isuzu > Rodeo | Passport | MU
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 02-27-2006, 03:52 PM   #1
hshawn31
AF Regular

Burning smell....

I have a '95 rodeo 3.2 v6 4x4 This morning while pulling into work i noticed a really bad burning or hot smell. Couldnt quite tell where it was coming from. I drove it home and it did it again. Now, last night i put some quicksteel on an exhaust leak ( i have a question for that too...) and thought that was the problem...it isnt. I'm not wondering if maybe the brakes and or tires are getting too hot and thats the smell I'm smelling? It seemed to come from the passenger side tire area. Brake pads look fine but i didnt take the tire off yet either.

As for my exhaust. I hate isuzu exhausts! The stupid flex pipe has a hole in it and the flex bandind is coming apart. So i purchased some quicksteel hoping it would do the job at least for awhile. It actually cracked and chipped off at the hole! I have used a few exhaust repair things but none have worked yet? Anyone know of anything better? As of right now i might just keep slapping some quicksteel on it.
hshawn31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2006, 04:25 PM   #2
billindelicato
AF Regular

Re: Burning smell....

what sort of smell like rubber? ozone(electrical)? to pinpoint the problem we need more to go on...as far as the flex pipe im not sure if you have a cole muffler near you but i just had mine estimated at $76.80 i will be getting done over the course of the next weekend...other places wanted 150 just for the pipe

billindelicato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2006, 05:42 PM   #3
Canucklehead
AF Regular

Send a message via MSN to Canucklehead

If one of your wheels feels hotter than the others I would pull that wheel off and see if the caliper is stuck.
Old 03-02-2006, 02:23 PM   #4
nirvroxx
AF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canucklehead
If one of your wheels feels hotter than the others I would pull that wheel off and see if the caliper is stuck.
I had the exact same problem, and found that it was indeed my caliper that was causing the burning smell...
nirvroxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2006, 05:10 PM   #5
hshawn31
AF Regular

i'm pretty sure what the smell is...its the junk i put on my exhaust to seal the hole....it has burn marks around it. I got a new exhaust and will be replacing it this weekend. And to be safe, I'm gonna check the brakes and calipers. Thanks to those who responded!
hshawn31 is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Isuzu > Rodeo | Passport | MU