Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chevrolet > Nova
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 10-30-2005, 02:38 AM   #1
71NOVA02
AF Newbie

tranny linkage help

hey everybody. Joined this forum in hopes of getting a little help. I have a 350 with a new process manual 4 speed behind it. I am having a hell of a time finding linkages to connect up from the shifter to the transmission. As far as I can tell, the new process 4 speeds never came in Novas, so finding linkages that will fit has been a challenge to say the least. Anyone else have any experience with the new process tranny? The old linkages actually broke, so I pulled the tranny down to replace them and decded to replace the shifter too (it was pretty worn) I have already bought a hurst comp/plus shifter, but no linkages. Please help cant stand having the beast on blocks!!
thanks - zach
71NOVA02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2005, 12:17 PM   #2
nova68
AF Enthusiast

your shifter didnt come with linkages? I thought they came with shifter? my advice would be to look in jegs for something you could use or fab
nova68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2005, 03:05 PM   #3
71NOVA02
AF Newbie

I would have thought that too, but it didn't come with. I have checked Summit (where I bought the shifter) and the one they said would fit did not. I can't find pictures online of my exact tranny. I can send pics or numbers off the tranny if that helps. I am comepletely at a loss here. The linkages that broke fit but it looks like someone had heated and bent them. On top of that the linkage passed right over the speedo so I could not connect the cable. crappy situation, any help appriciated.
thanks - zach
71NOVA02 is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chevrolet > Nova