Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Coffee Break (Off-Topic) > Philosophizing
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Philosophizing Throwing around ideas about life, the universe, and everything.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 07-29-2001, 03:37 AM   #1
GOD
Banned

Send a message via AIM to GOD
Whats God's Purpose for you .......Or what is the purpose of your life here on earth

What's your purpose for being here ? Do you think that your life is already planned out ? That basically you can't change destiny/fate , or can you decide what even happens in your life ? Thats the question ....I know this kinda sucks but It just came up in my head so i decided to post it up .
GOD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2001, 06:35 PM   #2
Moppie
Master Connector

Send a message via ICQ to Moppie Send a message via AIM to Moppie Send a message via Yahoo to Moppie
I dont believe in GOd so I know he hasnt planned my life, and I do believe in Free Will, so i know both my own actions and the action of others will shape my life.
Old 07-31-2001, 01:27 AM   #3
TheMan5952
Volvo Guy

Send a message via AIM to TheMan5952
i think that there a various outcomes based on different decisions or events in life. I do not belive that life is structurd and eevryone has one set path in life.

Sold!1993 volvo 850
Intake, Exhaust, Springs, Shock, I.C.E.
TheMan5952 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2001, 06:48 PM   #4
MBTN
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to MBTN
I have no purpose.
Old 09-18-2001, 11:15 AM   #5
Mrcoilover
AF Enthusiast

God has a purpose for everybody. To become someone great. To treat
people with respect. To provide for the family. You can become what you want. But GOD already knows what will happen in the end. He lets
you decide whether or not you want to be the person he intended you to be.
Tein type NA (1.7)
Nokya Arctic purple headlight bulbs
Rims coming soon...

"I always ride dropped, how bout you?":finger4:
Mrcoilover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2001, 11:34 AM   #6
redvalkrie
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via Yahoo to redvalkrie
Yes I do beleive in GOD but I do not see him as knowing my future but letting me make my own decisions, a free entity do as I wish free.

I do beleive that he is far superior in knowledge & has some way of manipulatiing time & space has the power to creat & take away life as he sees fit but is loving & open!

I do believe in him, but I choose not to worship him I speak to him at night knowing that he listens & that he gives me the free will to do as I see fit. I have a consciouse feeling of what is right or wrong & will be judged on that & no one elses beleifs.

I do not feel he wants us to take another's life, that is hes doing & no one elses. He is the judge & no one has the right to judge anyone.

I see him as a father, letting me become my own persone & being proud of me no matter what the outcome is. Unconditional Love.

1988 CRX Si
2001 CBR 600F4i Silver & black FAST!
2004 Toyota Tundra (TRD)
2002 dodge grand caravan.
redvalkrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2001, 11:40 AM   #7
Mrcoilover
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally posted by redvalkrie
Yes I do beleive in GOD but I do not see him as knowing my future but letting me make my own decisions, a free entity do as I wish free.

I do beleive that he is far superior in knowledge & has some way of manipulatiing time & space has the power to creat & take away life as he sees fit but is loving & open!

I do believe in him, but I choose not to worship him I speak to him at night knowing that he listens & that he gives me the free will to do as I see fit. I have a consciouse feeling of what is right or wrong & will be judged on that & no one elses beleifs.

I do not feel he wants us to take another's life, that is hes doing & no one elses. He is the judge & no one has the right to judge anyone.

I see him as a father, letting me become my own persone & being proud of me no matter what the outcome is. Unconditional Love.
I agree with you on that. I don't even go to church that often. I do talk to him at night. I feel we only differ in that I think he does know what will happen in the end. I feel that since he is so alimighty and powerful in creating everything, he will sureley know the beginning and end of everthing. Just my view. Your view is fully understandable.
Tein type NA (1.7)
Nokya Arctic purple headlight bulbs
Rims coming soon...

"I always ride dropped, how bout you?":finger4:
Mrcoilover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2001, 11:40 PM   #8
Seraph
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via ICQ to Seraph
Arrow

I dont believe in god so i dont believe theres anything "planned" for me or any particular purpose. I believe in myself and do what I want with my own life.:smoker:

1989-2001.
Audi V8. Metallic blue. 3.6l. 260hp. Black leather and woodgrain interior.
Murdered by a Hiace van.
She is no more.
She will be remembered.
Rest in peace .
Seraph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2001, 12:11 AM   #9
speediva
AF Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to speediva Send a message via Yahoo to speediva
God

I believe in God. I have asked a few favors of Him, even. As for what His plans are... I pondered this often in Middle School. I have decided that God made several paths for us. Every major juncture in our lives represents a fork in the path. God has a relatively good idea of how we'll turn out, but he allows us to make our lives as we trudge along. It always just seemed to make sense to me... Do with my theories as you like!

2005 Subaru Forester 2.5X
1997 Honda Civic EX Coupe

Inform yourself:
AF User Guidelines
speediva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2001, 12:29 AM   #10
TabulaRasa
AF Newbie

If Capitalism was a religion, then Wall St. would be my Mecca and the image of Ben Franklin on the $100 bill would be my messiah! Yes, I am a Capitalist! Yes I am decadent! It's a strange thing to say but I am proud of it--anybody who says that money is the root of all evil doesn't have any.

Sicherheit ist die Erst Prüfung
Performance through Technology

[][]|OOOO]|[][]

TabulaRasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2001, 01:44 PM   #11
YogsVR4
Funding the welfare state

Send a message via AIM to YogsVR4
Gods purpose for me is to damage the environment as much as possible to piss off the tree huggers.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!
Old 09-30-2001, 07:53 PM   #12
gang$tarr
AF Fanatic

Quote:
Originally posted by TabulaRasa
anybody who says that money is the root of all evil doesn't have any.
that's from the movie Boiler Room good movie, hehe

so many people here are goin to hell

god puts us on this earth to watch how we live out our life... he doesn't make the decisions for us, we make them, he just watches... but i'm sure he'd know what our future is
"Your ice don't shine an your chain hollow/ why you front in clubs for hours wit tha same bottle/ takin midget sips/ I run wit the richest clicks/ Tap the thickest chicks/ plus drop the slickest hits/ you know nothin about L/ so don't doubt L/ what's this muthafuckin rap game wit out L/ Yo that's like jewels wit out ice/ that's like china wit out rice/ or the holy bible wit out christ/ tha bulls wit out mike/ crack heads wit out pipes/ or hockey games wit out fights/ don't touch the mic if you aint able to spit/ flamboyant is tha label i'm wit.. muthafucka.... Big L"
gang$tarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2001, 11:10 PM   #13
YellowMaranello
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to YellowMaranello
I believe in God. I believe that everything we do affects us in some way or another. Even if it is just getting up and walking to the other side of the room, I believe that it affects out lives somehow.
YellowMaranello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2001, 08:59 AM   #14
MercCougarXR7
AF Regular

Quote:
anybody who says that money is the root of all evil doesn't have any.
Then, they are mis-quoting it. It says: "The LOVE of money is the root of all evil".

Having money is no crime is God's eyes, but it is when all you care about is getting more at the expense of others.
MercCougarXR7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2001, 11:49 AM   #15
gang$tarr
AF Fanatic

no that's a saying.... money is the root of all evil
and people that say that, don't have any
"Your ice don't shine an your chain hollow/ why you front in clubs for hours wit tha same bottle/ takin midget sips/ I run wit the richest clicks/ Tap the thickest chicks/ plus drop the slickest hits/ you know nothin about L/ so don't doubt L/ what's this muthafuckin rap game wit out L/ Yo that's like jewels wit out ice/ that's like china wit out rice/ or the holy bible wit out christ/ tha bulls wit out mike/ crack heads wit out pipes/ or hockey games wit out fights/ don't touch the mic if you aint able to spit/ flamboyant is tha label i'm wit.. muthafucka.... Big L"
gang$tarr is offline   Reply With Quote