Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Racing > Street Racing
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 05-13-2002, 06:25 PM   #1
sweetcarz.com
Banned

Send a message via AIM to sweetcarz.com
Supra Vs. S2000

I wasn't going to post this but what the heck. Me and my friend had just left Buckhead heading up towards the Loop in Atlanta when he looks over and smiles. We had just left a toll booth on 400 and the roads were somewhat clear so I was like what the hell, let's go. We were coasting around 80 and we went for it, I stayed in 4th and he dropped it down into 3rd. We were dead even until he had to shift into 4th and bybe bye s2000. I walked him up to 4 or 5 cars and then we slowed down back to sane speeds .

It was a fun night, on the way home some riceboy with a hugh Skunk2 sticker in his back window revves on me at a light, altezzas and fart can and all, lol. So I let him take off, he is about 15 cars in front of me and floored it, lol, I passed him rather fast and then slowed down down the road a ways, he came back about 40 seconds later and flew by, I hope he went home and told everyone he beat a Supra, lol.
sweetcarz.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2002, 06:44 PM   #2
carrrnuttt
AF Fanatic

Nice race...sounds like fun. I hate you, BTW. I won't hate if you give me your Supra....
Old 05-13-2002, 08:44 PM   #3
Self
AF Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to Self
Re: Supra Vs. S2000

Quote:
Originally posted by sweetcarz.com
I wasn't going to post this but what the heck. Me and my friend had just left Buckhead heading up towards the Loop in Atlanta when he looks over and smiles. We had just left a toll booth on 400 and the roads were somewhat clear so I was like what the hell, let's go. We were coasting around 80 and we went for it, I stayed in 4th and he dropped it down into 3rd. We were dead even until he had to shift into 4th and bybe bye s2000. I walked him up to 4 or 5 cars and then we slowed down back to sane speeds .

It was a fun night, on the way home some riceboy with a hugh Skunk2 sticker in his back window revves on me at a light, altezzas and fart can and all, lol. So I let him take off, he is about 15 cars in front of me and floored it, lol, I passed him rather fast and then slowed down down the road a ways, he came back about 40 seconds later and flew by, I hope he went home and told everyone he beat a Supra, lol.
I might actually be making a trip down there this summer. We'll have to see what your Supra can do against a REAL car! Actually, I shouldn't be down until late August and by that time my summer project should be done, so I don't think you'll be much competition Can anyone say twin turbo 383 V8?? But we'll see. I'll let you know when I'll be there so we can definately hook up. Nicely done by the way!
Old 05-13-2002, 09:10 PM   #4
sweetcarz.com
Banned

Re: Re: Supra Vs. S2000

Quote:
Originally posted by Self

I might actually be making a trip down there this summer. We'll have to see what your Supra can do against a REAL car! Actually, I shouldn't be down until late August and by that time my summer project should be done, so I don't think you'll be much competition Can anyone say twin turbo 383 V8?? But we'll see. I'll let you know when I'll be there so we can definately hook up. Nicely done by the way!
self, did u change AIM names becuase u are never on anymore, if so, what is your new one? If you come down to Atlanta I have a few treats for you, lol. Supercharged and spraying V10's go faster but if you come down I would love to show you around to all the spots and shit, get in touch, Supra is not mine, lol, well I don't pay for it but I drive it more than my car, it is the guy who is driving the s2000 but he is so busy driving the s2k I just kind of take the keys to the Supra.
Old 05-13-2002, 10:08 PM   #5
rendog24
AF Enthusiast

tt supra?

"Don't touch what you can't grab, End up with two backhands, Put anthrax on a tampax, and slap you 'til you can't stand" - Eminem
rendog24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2002, 10:30 PM   #6
Self
AF Fanatic

Re: Re: Re: Supra Vs. S2000

Quote:

self, did u change AIM names becuase u are never on anymore, if so, what is your new one? If you come down to Atlanta I have a few treats for you, lol. Supercharged and spraying V10's go faster but if you come down I would love to show you around to all the spots and shit, get in touch, Supra is not mine, lol, well I don't pay for it but I drive it more than my car, it is the guy who is driving the s2000 but he is so busy driving the s2k I just kind of take the keys to the Supra.
Yea, I got your IM's but I was away at the time...New s/n is V8injen...fitting, isn't it? My only goal with this car is to go faster than my old Z28(remember it from purehonda of old?) in both street trim and race trim. My old z28 went 11.12x all motor on drag radials, while it went 10.28x on radials spraying a 125hp shot of nitrous. So that means that I want the new car to be in the tens running on streetable boost, and in the 9s on "track-day" boost. I think that even a blown and juiced Viper would have trouble keeping up with 9 seconds! But we will seeee!

And yes, rendog, I'm pretty sure that is was a twin turbo Supra.
Old 05-14-2002, 01:25 PM   #7
S2Corolla
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to S2Corolla
Re: Supra Vs. S2000

Quote:
We were dead even until he had to shift into 4th and bybe bye s2000. I walked him up to 4 or 5 cars and then we slowed down back to sane speeds .
I wish I had a Supra TT. But I'd rather have the S2000, with a comptech supercharger, I'll break off Twin Turbo's... Oh well, Project Integra will be my best bet....
Current Mods: P&P head, custom cold air intake.
S2Corolla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2002, 07:51 PM   #8
Blackbird01
AF Enthusiast

Hey Sweetcarz, long time....
So, does that mean you'll finally be able to race me?
My car's gettin faster 'n faster....
I can't get my car to a track to see what it runs because I'm waiting on a Spohn Torque Arm to come in as well as my adjustable lower control arms. The stock Tq. Arms being ripped out of its mount on the tailshaft of the trans because my cars launching so hard

Don't be scared when the arms drop and you see my front wheels hangin off the ground and I start to pull away, just better hope you've got enough turbo to catch me up top

Oh yeah and another bit o' infor for ya, LS1 Motorsports (the leaders in turbo tech for the LS1 motor) is releasing a new Single Turbo kit for LS1's. They've got dyno charts, showing what they made on a BONE STOCK '02 WS6 (6speed) and it made 524.4rwhp and 686rwtq AT THE WHEELS!!!! Remember, this is a BONE STOCK WS6 (except clutch and fuel system obviously) running 9psi thru completely stock internals!!!!!!!!!! It's gone 11.4@125mph with a crappy launch, granny shifting (as to not break anything) and in crappy weather (close to 90% humidity at the time) and LS1 Motorsports expects the car is capable of running 130mph trap speeds.

I'm thinking about getting this kit later on down the road. Look out Supras, here we come!
I'm thinking a converter swap, head change and

Blackbird01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2002, 10:01 PM   #9
Self
AF Fanatic

Hey blackbird...Care to list all your mods?? I will if you will Actually, I will reguardless, I don't mind...
CNC Stage 1 heads...Ok for now, need something more soon though
CC306 cam...Excellent! Probably downsizing to the 305 when the TT comes though
Moser 12-bolt Rear
Stock Tranny...Amazingly! Doing great at 70k!
Star SPEC Stage III Ceramic clutch...Holding good, but I'm thinking of switching to the Street Twin soon
K&N Intake
SLP Loudmouth Exhaust....LOUD AS $HIT!!
AS&M Shorty Headers...Have to pass emissions! It's hard enough with all that cam
Motive 4.10:1 Gears...A little too much for me. Spin the tires waaay to often
BMR LCAs
Random Tech ATA
Other things...that's pretty much the bulk of it though
So...are you willing???
Old 05-15-2002, 03:49 PM   #10
sweetcarz.com
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by rendog24
tt supra?
yeah TT. The s2000 is a more fun car to drive than the TT. Normally why I get stuck driving it, not that there is any complains, especially since it's in the shop right now

Pimp factor-10, I mean, the Supra gets em to but this says it all.
:smoka:
Old 05-16-2002, 10:05 PM   #11
Blackbird01
AF Enthusiast

My friend had the 306 cam. It was alright. I'd prefer bigger!
What are the exact specs on that cam anyways? Its been a while, I forget 'em.

Anyways, here's a list of mods:
rgr 'stage 2' heads (ported by hand, really good porter too!)
comp cams 'custom grind' on a 112LSA
longtube headers into 3" off-road y-pipe.
slp loudmouth (you think YOURS is loud? I got longtubes without cats!)
'race prepped' 4L60E trans (built to handle 700ftlbs of tq.)
hal 12-way adjustable front shocks/springs
bmr adjustable lower control arms
spohn adjustable torque arm w/ d.s loop
yank 4400 stall converter (Mmm, biiiiiiiiiig)
stock 3.23 gears (i'll go bigger when i swap rearends)
nitto drag radials mounted on stock ws6 rims
26x10x16 M/T ET Streets mounted on weld prostars
no more front sway bar (unneeded weight on front end)

dont think i've left anything out...
thats about it...car made 405rwhp/400rwtq from 4500rpm-7200rpm.
should go low 11s when i finally get it to a track (waiting on torque arm to come in)

Blackbird01 is offline   Reply With Quote