Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > Altima
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 05-10-2005, 07:47 PM   #1
jargon51
AF Newbie

Ordered Rims And They Are Messed Up

Well I ordered a set of rims and tires from WheelGuyz.com 18" BSA 305's. They arrived on Friday and I threw them on on Saturday. Pulled out of the garage and took her out on the road. Got up to about 45 and the steering wheel started to shake. Got up to 60 and the same thing. I immediately thought they balanced the wheels incorrectly. I called them on Monday morning and told them of the problem and I was told that I should take the wheels to a shop and have them re balance the wheels and to send them the receipt and they will credit my acct. So today I take my car to a shop where they remove the wheels and tell me that each wheel was off by at least 1.25 oz. with the front drivers side being off a full 2 oz. To make matters worse the manager of the shop tells me that the front drivers side rim may be bent. He told me to take it for a spin and if it still shakes the rim is more than likely bent. I take it out and sure enough it shakes. Not too bad but still enough to notice. Call Wheelguys and they tell me to send the rim back on my dime and they will assess the situation and make a determination whether the rim is bad. I told them that they should have never shipped me those rims in the first place and that I don't agree that I should have to pay to ship that rim back. I spoke with the manager of customer service. When I asked to speak to his supervisor I was told that he could not give me that information. Needless to say I am pissed. Any suggestion on what to do? I'm at a loss here.

Sorry for the long post

J51
jargon51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2005, 08:44 PM   #2
JustSayGo
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to JustSayGo Send a message via Skype™ to JustSayGo
Re: Ordered Rims And They Are Messed Up

And in the mean while you are suposed to drive around with a spare that doesn't match? Dispute the charge if you paid with a credit card. Use PayPal to resolve the issue if you purchased through PayPal. Tell wheelguyz to send a call tag to pick up all four if they can't replace the one. Wheel balance changes as the wheel turns faster. Your problem sounds like a bad rim. Runout is easy to check with the wheel jacked up off the ground, use something like a hammer with the handle sticking up close to the tire sidewall. Turn the wheel slowly and measure the closest and furthest distance between the handle and the tire. Switch left to right and measure again to remove all doubt. What's to assess about that? Don't buy anything from Auto Parts Giant either. APG uses the same unethical shipping and hold on to your money return policy. APG claims they can't research their incorrect Internet parts listing until I send them the part for a partial refund. APG doesn't care about correcting the listing. The more people that order an incorrectly listed part, the more cashflow and profit they make. Once wheelguyz or their brother-in-law APG has the part again it costs us more and more to get what we paid for in the first place. How would we ever prove anything without the part? APG told me I should just forget about returning the part and hung up on me. Why didn't squeelguyz use their credit card to pay for balancing? Do you understand how Internet cashflow buisinesses work? Often along with legitimate supply. Tiredguyz will be motivated to resolve the issue once it is costing them rather than you.

Last edited by JustSayGo; 05-10-2005 at 09:57 PM.
JustSayGo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2005, 09:12 PM   #3
jargon51
AF Newbie

Thanks for the response and the advice. I will call them tomorrow as well as my credit card company and dispute the charge. Maybe then they will make good on the deal.
Old 05-11-2005, 07:00 AM   #4
jargon51
AF Newbie

Does anyone know if it's possible to fix the rim? I would rather just pay to have the thing fixed rather than sending it back to that shady company.

Thanks
Old 05-11-2005, 09:53 AM   #5
wonword
AF Regular

Send a message via AIM to wonword

I think they can be. A guy in my local club posted in the forum about doing rim repairs.
OBX Header
Short Throw Shifter
Extreme Performance Clutch

68' AMC Abassador
Chevy 350
TH 350 Tranny
Headers
Dual Exhaust

1999 Suzuki GSX-R 600
Yellow/Black
Yoshimura Exhaust

http://members.cardomain.com/wonword
wonword is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2005, 01:55 PM   #6
JustSayGo
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to JustSayGo Send a message via Skype™ to JustSayGo

Wheelguyz.com warranty is actually a disclaimer explaining what they don't do. Collision repair shops will know the best hook-up in your area to get alloy wheels repaired. I am interested to hear how much shipping, waiting, and expense is envolved. Telling as many of us as possible about a no service after the sale wheel and tire distributor is good. Letting them off the hook otherwise only allows them to continue taking unfair advantage of other consumers and more honest, responsible competitors. Consider taking enough time to send an email to BSA in Malaysia and let them know that you measured ___ of runout in one of your wheels and that their shady distributor is an obstacle to solving the problem and recovering additionl expenses. Ask them to replace the wheel. You can't loose any more than you already have by asking the manufacture for help.
http://www.bsa.com.my/fmanufacturing.htm

In addition to measuring runout, find out what happens when the wobbly tire is deflated, turned 180 degrees on the wheel and rebalanced. Does that make the tire and wheel out of balance 4oz, or is there little reason to move the weights? The same tire shop might do that for you without charge. Or maybe you are taking the tire off to get the wheel fixed any way. Knowing the answers to these questions will tell you for certain that the problem is in the wheel and repairing it will fix the wobble.

Last edited by JustSayGo; 05-11-2005 at 03:41 PM.
JustSayGo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2005, 03:00 PM   #7
jargon51
AF Newbie

Thanks for the response. I am actually working with a guy right now from BSA at a location in California. He is supposed to get back to me this afternoon with some information on what my next course of action should be. Stay tuned, Im sure there's more to come.

J51
Old 11-08-2007, 12:27 AM   #8
ladyqueensryche
AF Newbie

I got burned by Wheelguyz and now have damage to my rotors and all. The rims welded themselves to my truck and dealer gave me an estimate of $588.00 to remove them. In order to submit my claim with my credit card company, I need a copy of a manufacturers warranty. Does anyone know how I can obtain this. Thats all I need to get the claim in gear. Please advise to ladyqueensryche@cox.net
ladyqueensryche is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > Altima