Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chevrolet > Corsica
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 06-24-2004, 03:36 PM   #1
carborator
AF Newbie

tire vibration

Hello, all, first timer here. When my 1996 chevy corisca get up to speeds of 45 or higher, a vibration or woobling can be felt from the area of the right front tire. I had the brakes replaced and was told by the mechanic that he didn't feel the tire was out of balance. I am wondering if this is an alignment concern or ball bearing. The vibration can also be felt in the pedals. Any imput would be apprieciated here. I am worried about having my tire fall off on me while I am cruising done the highway, thanks
carborator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2004, 11:22 PM   #2
Kooterskkar
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to Kooterskkar
Go get the tires balanced. If it keeps it up then you may want to take it to another shop (a different on than where you got the brake work done) and have them look at it. If it just started this after you got the brakes worked on it may be something that the mechanic did wrong that is causing it to shake like that. But have the tires balanced first.
Kooterskkar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2004, 07:43 AM   #3
carborator
AF Newbie

Re: tire vibration

Thank you. I had taken it to get the brakes done because I had thought those were what was causing the vibration. I did ask the mechanic to balance them but he said he didn't feel it was necessary. The hardest thing is to find a mechanic that will listen to a woman. Bummer, but true. I will look into getting them balanced, thanks.
carborator is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chevrolet > Corsica