Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Buick > Skylark
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 01-23-2002, 08:45 PM   #1
Lenium
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to Lenium
Question My Buick Skylark

Hello, i'm new to this forum. I have some questions. I got a '64 buick skylark from my parents. While in all reality it is currently what i would call a "Granny Car" , I think it has some cool potential. My friends laugh at me when i talk of having it painted nice (it's currently cream white) and getting all kinds of cool things for it. (faster engine, ect) I want to know what people other than my friends think. Am i just waisting my time or could it have potential?

Also i would like to know about what colors i could get it painted. The interiro is Brown. What paint colors for the outside would go with brown interior, plus, just in case, about how much would i have to pay to give it fully modernized interior, ie: the more rounded edges of modern cars, and leather seats, and such. I think my car would look very cool like that, but i dont' know who to ask to find out about such things, so i'm posting here.
Old 01-23-2002, 09:51 PM   #2
87AccordsterLX
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to 87AccordsterLX
Well for some reason you posted your question 5 times...??? This message board is part of a larger scale board that ranges in different forums for almost every make of car.. Right now you are in the Forum specifically for 86-89 Honda Accords... So as we could help you, we , I guess you could say "specialize" In our year/ model of cars... I noticed that posted your exact message in the buick section...Im guessing because of the fact that only 5 or so people even go to that board... you were trying your luck in this section being that we have the largest full scale forum here... Partly because we have the best car in the forum which makes it even more popular..lol.....(not dissing on your buick or anything)..hehe.... If this is the case Welcome..........

~3geez member since August 1, 2001~
www.3geez.com
87AccordsterLX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2002, 09:53 PM   #3
87AccordsterLX
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to 87AccordsterLX
Lenium.. I posted this message here as well as in the honda section replying to your post in the 3geez board....

~3geez member since August 1, 2001~
www.3geez.com
87AccordsterLX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2002, 11:38 AM   #4
LadyBuickGS
AF Newbie

Lennium,

My parents had a 1964 Buick Special Convertable. We loved that car, but sadly had to sell it.

It was also cream color and my mom always wanted to paint it a light blue color and leave the conv. white top.

Maybe you should go with a sportier color like red, burgandy, or black??

Adding new rims and tires would probably look nice. And maybe raised white lettering on the tires??

Just a thought. Have fun and enjoy it!
LadyBuickGS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2003, 06:17 PM   #5
HellOnWheels
AF Newbie

Not wasting your time at all Lenium. If I were you, I would try to locate either a 350, 400 or 455 Buick engine from the late sixties/early seventies, and perform an engine swap. I'm assuming it has something like a 215 right now, correct?
After you get a decent mill under the hood, make your way over to the website of TA Performance (taperformance.com) where you'll find plenty of mods to suit your needs.

I'm not sure how much you're looking to spend, but you might actually be able to find a running engine in a later model Skylark for pretty cheap.
Lot's of potential there.

Good luck!
HellOnWheels is offline   Reply With Quote