Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chevrolet > Corsica
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 03-21-2004, 03:05 PM   #1
BruceL
AF Newbie

Stalling when put in gear

93 Corsica, 3.1 V6, automatic, 130,000 miles (approximatly).

My daughter took the Corsica to the airport and back this morning. Then parked it at a friends house for a few hours. Car ran fine up until she decided to drive it back home. Seems that the car starts fine and idles okay, however once it's placed in gear, it stalls out and refuses to move. I started the car in park and neutral, no problem. Stalling out in any other gear selected.

Any idea's whats going on? Thanks for any suggestions ahead of time.

Bruce
BruceL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2004, 05:27 AM   #2
amac209
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via MSN to amac209
Re: Stalling when put in gear

the tcc is sticking(torque convertor clutch) this is similar to starting a stickshift without putting in the clutch. try unplugging the tcc plug at the transmission.
amac209 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2004, 12:35 AM   #3
daicompacific
AF Newbie

My 93 Corsica 3.1 87000mi would idle fine, when put in gear would still run smooth, I could even put my foot down firmly on the brake, throttle it up without a hitch but as soon as it moved forward or backwards it would stall. I took it to the dealer and found that the speed sensor was showing the car going 240mph when just moving a foot or so, they replaced it and the ECM, try removing the Speed sensor wires and see if that helps, I had disconnected the TCC which is a big problem with stalling but still it would die. The speed sensor is located below the alternator on the transaxle housing, as far as the ECM it was giving out bad signals but never tripped the SES light, and was not reading inputs from the O2 sensor. Hope this helps shed some light on what you may be experiencing. speed sensors and remanufactured ECM's are fairly cheap. If it is the TCC it should cost around $150-200 depending where you live to be replaced.
daicompacific is offline   Reply With Quote