Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Toyota > MR2/MR-S
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 02-02-2004, 12:52 PM   #1
1QUICK2
AF Enthusiast

Question Please Help If You Can

I finally got the motor in the car and started it after 6months. I worked out the charging problem I was having, now it still doesnt run right. The car is running insanely rich. I put 550's in it and with the AFC taking out 40% it still billows out black smoke. There is an air meter and O2 sensor code showing, but I dont think that would make that huge of a prob. Please let me know, THanks.
93 MR2 Turbo-.20 over JE pistons,T3/04E 57 trim w/.63 AR,Intake,Greddy profect b spec 2 BC, APEX'I GT spec exhaust,Apex-i S-AFC, Turbo timer,550cc injectors,HKS trunk mount IC, B&M s/s,SPEC stg3 6puck clutch, TRD springs. Autometer gauges, PCP reverse indiglo gauges. P/P head,Intake, 17" SSR repl, Kaminari front lip and sides.338whp/272lbs tq at 18psi

FOR SALE! email: ryanb_ptoyota@hotmail.com
http://members.cardomain.com/1quick2
1QUICK2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2004, 01:30 PM   #2
xjoeharperx
AF Regular

Send a message via Yahoo to xjoeharperx
Re: Please Help If You Can

well an o2 and air box code says it all right there..your are burning way too much gas (black smoke) for the amount of air..I would investigate the air box, check the air temp sensor in the box and also test the potentometer for resistance. If the box is defective(which is common problem with older air boxes) the comp will continously dump fuel. check the idle air passage in the airbox too..its the little passage you can see by looking into the inflow tube of the airbox. if it has an obstruction it will cause problems too...
xjoeharperx is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Toyota > MR2/MR-S