Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Honda > Civic | CRX > '88 - '91 Civic | CRX | Wagon | Shuttlee
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
'88 - '91 Civic | CRX | Wagon | Shuttlee Partnership with: LadyNRedSi.com
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 07-31-2003, 03:00 PM   #1
EFStali
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to EFStali Send a message via Yahoo to EFStali
Rear Door Speakers

Is this possible? To put speakers in the rear doors of my 4dr? Or would it be very complicated? Thanks
Old 07-31-2003, 05:17 PM   #2
el_loco_civic
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via Yahoo to el_loco_civic
Thumbs up

Yea man, its possible. I think it would be really easy actually. I dont know why i didnt think of that. Prolly cuz' there's already speakers behind your head back there.. but the more speakers the better, ya know ?! But here's what i got.

Theres already a hole in the rear door that easily can fit a speaker in there. Actually the hole is TOO big, so just get the same size hole from the front door that your speakers will mount in ( or the size you want to use ) and stick that where the Bigger hole is in the rear door. Then the problem with getting the wire back to the door.. In the front door, you see the rubber plugs that keep dirt/water.. any kinda mess out of it.. so you'll need to run the wires under the plastic door thing on the floor, then up that door devider thing, drill a hole in that that goes into the side of your rear door. In that hole that's drilled now, you need a rubber plug like the one from the front door. ( just go get more front door rubber plugs from the Junk Yard ) put them in.. then you can run the wires down to where the speakers will be. Then just connect speakers.. and screw em' into the mount you made ! Relatively easy.
- I was thinking about some custom fiberglass boxes w/plexi glass windows for some speakers ( not subs ) in my trunk w/red lights in it for more SHOW look. ( yes i know this wont boost my hp ) but i think i just might do this instead.. and use the boxes for capacitators or somin..

el_loco_civic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2003, 10:15 AM   #3
<[4gen91CvcLX]>
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to <[4gen91CvcLX]>
that would be a pretty cool idea...but just one question...would you have to run new wire all the way from the head unit, or just split the wires used for the front speakers? if so, wouldn't you lose alot of power to the front speakers?

Old 08-01-2003, 10:36 AM   #4
el_loco_civic
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally posted by <[4gen91CvcLX]>
that would be a pretty cool idea...but just one question...would you have to run new wire all the way from the head unit, or just split the wires used for the front speakers? if so, wouldn't you lose alot of power to the front speakers?
yea, if you split the wire, im pretty sure you Would lose power.
Old 08-01-2003, 10:59 AM   #5
EFStali
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to EFStali Send a message via Yahoo to EFStali
would i have to make up any brackets or anything for the speakers? becuase when i was at the junk yard, there was a 4dr with the one door panel off, and it was just like a big square opening. and plus it would be nice to use the same type of speaker covers from the front on the back. so ill have to look into that, and yea i can just run speaker wire from the head unit to the speakers, no biggie.
Old 08-01-2003, 04:10 PM   #6
el_loco_civic
AF Enthusiast

-Yea, you'd have to make some kinda bracket or something to hold the speaker in the back door.

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Honda > Civic | CRX > '88 - '91 Civic | CRX | Wagon | Shuttlee