Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chevrolet > Blazer > Problem Diagnosis
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Problem Diagnosis Got a problem you can't fix? Post here and one of our members will answer as soon as possible.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 12-16-2013, 05:03 PM   #1
daviejj
AF Newbie

No oil pump pressure.

I just installed a different engine, 2.2 on a 1997 S10 chevy pickup. After starting the engine and running it no more than 15 seconds, 3 times, I realized I had no OIL PRESSURE. I also tried with a mechanical gauge, same results. Motor must be removed to check oil pump. Could I have damaged anything else by running the engine for that short time? Do I need to replace bearings, etc.

Many thanks,
Ronnie
daviejj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2013, 06:51 PM   #2
maxwedge
A990 racer

Re: No oil pump pressure.

No quick answer here, see if there is oil in the filter, 15 seconds may not be an issue, if the filter is empty, you must either prime the pump or pull the pan to see what is what, not sure whether the pump is in the frt cover or oil pan, check this out first. Used engine, what did the former owner/yard say about it's condition?
Old 12-16-2013, 09:22 PM   #3
daviejj
AF Newbie

Re: No oil pump pressure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxwedge View Post
No quick answer here, see if there is oil in the filter, 15 seconds may not be an issue, if the filter is empty, you must either prime the pump or pull the pan to see what is what, not sure whether the pump is in the frt cover or oil pan, check this out first. Used engine, what did the former owner/yard say about it's condition?
Thanks a lot. I did not prime the pump. There was no oil in the filter. I ran the engine 3 different times, 15 seconds at a time. Do you believe that was long enough to get oil pressure reading?
daviejj is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chevrolet > Blazer > Problem Diagnosis