Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Dodge > Caravan | Voyager
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 09-09-2012, 03:50 AM   #1
crossmark
AF Newbie

2000 Grand Caravan 3.0L The engine will not start

Hello!!
Dodge Grand Caravan 2000 3.0L
I'm from Russia.
I do not know where to look for help. I love my car. But here there was a problem.
I ask you to give advice!!!
First, sometimes the engine began shuts off. When the drive up to the traffic lights.
When sharply throw gas pedal. When the engine speed is less than 2000.
If you release the gas pedal, you will see that the tachometer needle drops below 500 rpm and the engine stalls.
This happened happened two or three days all right. And sometimes a day, 3-4 times shuts off. Then ringing under the hood.
Was the flywheel. (Thanks to good people and their boards). I remove the transsmission,and replace the flywheel.
More repair parking brake pedal. So it turns analyzed under the panel.
I have a new problem. After repair. I driving my Dodge week. And once. After an overnight stay the machine, on morning the engine not start. I checked the spark. The spark is.
I removed the fuel hose. and there is no pressure. Just a little bit of fuel.
I decided that this is the fuel pump. I took off his tank, bought a new fuel pump.
The pump has not changed. Today I decided to apply voltage to the old pump, it still stands in the tank. It works. Buzzing.
Then I decided to check the voltage on the connector.
I turned on the ignition. The instrument appears briefly on 12 volts.
They are only momentary. Now I think there should always be 12 volts?
Fuel tank removed. All hoses are disconnected.
Not really the problem in the fuel pump?
How to troubleshoot? Where can I get the wiring diagram?
Thanks!
crossmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 08:32 AM   #2
Cntrysthbst
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via Yahoo to Cntrysthbst
Re: 2000 Grand Caravan 3.0L The engine will not start

can you check for codes? if you have any it will help pin point the problem. if you do not then we can go from there. with out knowing if it has codes or not the list is to long. checking into it having codes stored, or is clear, would be a great help!
Cntrysthbst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 12:26 AM   #3
RIP
AF -Advisor

Re: 2000 Grand Caravan 3.0L The engine will not start

I've been following you on other forums. You have very bad luck with your van.

No. Your fuel pump will not always have 12vdc when the key is turned to on/run. The pump will turn on for 1 second then turn off. Your meter was correct. This is normal. When you turn the key to start, the pump will turn on when the engine computer detects engine rotation.

When you removed the fuel hose and saw little bit of fuel, was this right after you tried to start or after the van was sitting for hours?

Send me a private message through the forum and include your email address. I will send you the wiring diagrams.

When you have time can you tell us what it is like to own an American car in Russia? Are there many others? Are there Chrysler dealerships? How do you get parts? I guess 20 years ago this was unheard of. Times have changed.

07 Fusion / 06 RAV4 / 06 Accord / 96 Gr Caravan
RIP is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Dodge > Caravan | Voyager