Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chevrolet > Avalanche | C&K | Silverado | Suburban | Tahoe > Tahoe
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 03-20-2012, 09:21 AM   #1
armywife2004
AF Newbie

07 Tahoe, husband deployed and i have no clue!

I have a 2007 chevy tahoe. Seems it waited for my husband to deploy to start having issues. My latest issue is that when I went to open the rear gate, its not going up on its own. I have to hold it up or it smashes down on me. I can hear some hissing coming from one of the pole thingys thats attaching it to the car. But the other side no hissing when i open it. Any ideas? thanks so much!
Also i have no idea about cars, so please try to break down any car lingo into easy to understand words for me, lol.
armywife2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 11:38 AM   #2
GMCustomerService
AF Regular

Re: 07 Tahoe, husband deployed and i have no clue!

I wanted to first thank you and your husband for what you both do for our country. His service and sacrifice are certainly appreciated!

I'm sorry to read about this difficulty with your lift gate. From what I've gleaned from your owner's manual, there may be a few things going on.

For one, you may have lost pressure in one of the support struts. There is supposed to be a chime accompanying this (like a door ajar noise) -- have you heard anything like this? There's also the possibility of a battery issue: if the battery is disconnected or has low voltage, the liftglass and liftgate will not open.

Sounds like this may be something to have looked into either way; if you decide to work with a dealership please let me know!
Sarah
GM Customer Service
GMCustomerService is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 12:03 PM   #3
armywife2004
AF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMCustomerService View Post
I wanted to first thank you and your husband for what you both do for our country. His service and sacrifice are certainly appreciated!

I'm sorry to read about this difficulty with your lift gate. From what I've gleaned from your owner's manual, there may be a few things going on.

For one, you may have lost pressure in one of the support struts. There is supposed to be a chime accompanying this (like a door ajar noise) -- have you heard anything like this? There's also the possibility of a battery issue: if the battery is disconnected or has low voltage, the liftglass and liftgate will not open.

Sounds like this may be something to have looked into either way; if you decide to work with a dealership please let me know!
Sarah
GM Customer Service

Thank you, I will pass the message along to him next time I hear from him
As far as a door ajar noise, I dont hear that at all. I think my battery is ok, shows its still good on my panel in the car. So guessing its these struts you mentioned, looked them up online and going to try to replace them myself, will let you know if i go to the dealership (though wish this had happened last week when my door was stuck shut and I was already at the dealership for that) Hopefully nothing else goes wrong while hes gone.
armywife2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 03:18 PM   #4
GMCustomerService
AF Regular

I hope the repair goes well for you -- please keep the forum updated on your progress.

Best,
Sarah
GM Customer Service
GMCustomerService is offline   Reply With Quote