Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Mitsubishi > Lancer
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 05-06-2011, 11:15 PM   #1
rhaigh08
AF Regular

Send a message via AIM to rhaigh08
03 lancer oz keeps dying

Boughtthe car used since then its always died randomly and right before it died the oil light would flicker then then all of the lights,then dead. We put a new battery in it and now that battery is burnt up. Smells like rotten eggs. I have checked the wiring and see nothing out of the ordinary. Nw the new issues are the battery consumption, and when going through a moderate acceleration the car starts to bog down. If I am grandpa style driving and ease into the acceleration everything is fine. The car wont go over 40 MPH before it totally boggs down and dies. And just recent is an engine light the code read was cylinder 2 misfire. Thats the only code. But we had the issues of it dying before the misfire and befor the battery consumption. Any ideas?? Its an 02 OZ Rally edition has about 100kmiles. Has an after market K&N intake and an after market muffler. Checked filter and its okay and I am feeling a strong current comming from the exhaust. So I think its not the converter. Could the bogging down be due to an EGR valve that was my first thought. As far as the Dying goes I think that is more of an electrical issue.
rhaigh08 is offline   Reply With Quote