Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Ford > F Series
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
F Series Forum covers questions and discussions regarding Ford F-150, Ford F-250, Ford F-350, Ford F-450, Ford F-550, Ford F-650, and Ford F-750.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 01-30-2011, 10:22 PM   #1
FORDGUY09
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to FORDGUY09 Send a message via MSN to FORDGUY09 Send a message via Yahoo to FORDGUY09
Smile 351 swap

just wondering if any one has done a 302 to 351 swap/conv.?
FORDGUY09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 09:22 PM   #2
mechhound
AF Regular

Re: 351 swap

I'm not sure what you'll have to deal with on the electronic side of things, but for sizes. The motor mount dimensions and all will be the same. The back of the engine where the transmission or clutch housing mounts is the same. The exhaust manifolds are about 2 inches farther apart, so obviously the heads are about 2 inches farther apart. The heads being farther apart of course brings a few issues with mounting the accessories at the front of the engine. It seems like there is something about the balance of the flywheel on the 302, so use the old flywheel or flex plate from the 351.

Good luck with your project if you decide to accept the challenge. Seriously it shouldn't be that tough.
mechhound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 09:32 PM   #3
tlbianco
AF Newbie

Re: 351 swap

Hi, I don't know if you have done this yet. I have a 95 F-150 5.0 auto/4x4 and I was going to put a 92 5.8 in it. Someone told me they changed the firing order when they switched to the maf sensor after 92. I found out the maf 5.0 engine has the same firing order as all 5.8 engines. But, I found out after I sold the 5.8 thinking it wouldn't work. Good luck
tlbianco is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Ford > F Series