Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chevrolet > Lumina
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 10-02-2010, 11:06 PM   #1
therapyreject
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to therapyreject
Moonroof issue

I recently bought a 98 LTZ since my beloved 00 blew a head gasket. The moonroof does not open. The dealership said the motor works, but the cable is busted. I bought the car anyways because it wasnt a big deal to me, and I got them to knock off a few hundred for it.

But then stupid me, I tried to mess around with it after I got it home. The motor indeed works, and the roof tilted up a bit when I pressed the open button. But now it wont go back down, so theres about a half inch opening, and its supposed to rain this week. So I have few questions.

How does the moonroof work? As in, is it a regular slide open and close, or does it only tilt up and down? And if its a slider, does it lift up and slide over the roof externally, or does it slide into the roof and hide?

I want to know how its supposed to move so when I try to help guide it back in place I'm not moving it in a way its not supposed to go.
therapyreject is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2010, 11:34 PM   #2
jeffcoslacker
Lactose the Intolerant

Re: Moonroof issue

You can usually tell if it slides internal, the headliner is very thick by comparison to one without it.

It could be a two-way, tilt and slide.

...empty gun rack.
jeffcoslacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 03:29 AM   #3
therapyreject
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to therapyreject
Re: Moonroof issue

I dont think its a 2 way since it just has a single rocker switch marked open and close. The headliner appears to be about the same thickness as my other Lumina, so I'm guessing its external slide. My best guess is that it tilts up just enough to clear the roof and slides over externally. So all I should have to do is basically press it straight down. Can anybody confirm this is how it actually slides?
therapyreject is offline   Reply With Quote