Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chevrolet > Camaro | Firebird > Camaro Discussions
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 05-23-2003, 09:51 AM   #1
B_Wagz
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to B_Wagz
Question Suspension upgrade?

Okay, so far, my Firebird is 100% stock parts. And now I am looking to upgrade. I dont know enough about suspension to know for myself if I need to buy some aftermarket suspension to handle all this new power. Anyways, I wish to purchase the following:

Cold Air Induction (ram air)
K&N Filter
Pulley Kit
Thermostat
Borla 3" Cat Back
Air Foil
Programmer
High Flow Bellows
Valve Cover Breather

I am assuming I would need a suspension upgrade. However, like I said, I dont know enough about it. Braking upgrade would probably help stop all this new power too... anyways, I need to know what else I need besides that stuff to keep my car safe. Thanks.

-Wagner
B_Wagz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2003, 02:45 PM   #2
DVS LT1
AF Enthusiast

You don't HAVE to upgrade your suspension based on the mods you want to do. However, suspension upgrades on their own are desirable. Being a '95 like mine and depending on the mileage you may want to replace the shocks and struts (upgrade them to an SS/Firehawk with Eibach springs and Bilstein shocks) - I'd add bigger sway bars before anything.

What's your budget?? If you've got the coin get a stronger torque arm for the rear end.
DVS LT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2003, 02:49 PM   #3
DVS LT1
AF Enthusiast

Oh yes,

if you've got T-tops you should really look into subframe connectors - thats something I wish I would have done before my tops started leaking buckets.
DVS LT1 is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chevrolet > Camaro | Firebird > Camaro Discussions