Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chevrolet > Malibu
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 02-22-2015, 12:27 AM   #1
LilSik
AF Newbie

2005 classic stereo problems

While attempting to install an aftermarket radio on a 2005 chevy malibu classic, the illumination went out. found out that the pins were in the wrong place and tried to rewire them. ended up not working either way, reintalled the stock radio and there is still no illumination and it won't power up. checked fuses and disconnected the battery to see if that would help. any help would be appreciated
LilSik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2015, 10:13 AM   #2
Tech II
AF Fanatic

Re: 2005 classic stereo problems

Do you have a wiring diagram, to check the power(s) and ground(s) circuits of the harness?

Tech II is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Tech II For This Useful Post:
videobruce (11-12-2023)
Old 02-22-2015, 03:18 PM   #3
LilSik
AF Newbie

no i dont, im guessing that this is it ?
LilSik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2015, 01:13 PM   #4
Tech II
AF Fanatic

It's a place to start.....
Tech II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2015, 09:35 PM   #5
spike1269
AF Newbie

I had kinda a strange issue like that. ONLY my lights lit up, and I had no controls to the head unit. I thought that I blew the head unit. I had another one the exact pioneer deh-7600 super turner III, I think. Both stereos did the same thing, I disconnected the battery and it did the same thing. I took out the stereo fuse and connected the battery, turned the car on and of course I had no power to the head unit.
While that had no power I re-wired what I knew was good, from as close to the firewall as I could in. Disconnected the battery again, replaced the fuse with a new fuse. Then hooked the battery up and started the car. I knew that I had reset the head unit after starting the car, and the head unit did not power on. I powered the head unit on, and rest it up, and have not had an issue yet. This is going on 3 months ago.

I know that this dont make any sense at all, however the stereo never lost power. It still had its memory, it just lost the controls in the face. Which none of the wires control.
Somehow this fixed it all. Not saying that i will work for you, I didnt think it would have worked for me. I hope it helps you. Good luck,
HAPPY FATHER'S DAY TO ALL YOU DAD'S OUT THERE!!
spike1269 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2015, 01:49 PM   #6
spike1269
AF Newbie

I had kinda the same issue with 2 of the exact same Pioneer's Head unit(s). No matter what I did I could not get this to work. It first happened while installing it in an 04 dodge stratus. I had an identical head unit, so I swapped the 2. Same thing. I had no controls to either unit. I re-wired the factory head unit and it worked.

I disconnected the battery for about 20 hours. Disconnected the head unit from the plug going toward the firewall. I re-wired everything, and the problem was fixed.

I have no idea what did fix it. but letting the memory in the ecu-pcm and the stereo and the battery seemed to fix it when I rewired it. I hope that this helps.
spike1269 is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chevrolet > Malibu