Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chevrolet > Lumina
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 01-19-2015, 12:10 PM   #1
jdtm84
AF Newbie

92 chevy lumina euro has spark no injector pulse

Was called today to look at a car that wont start its a 92 chevy lumina euro with the 3.1 v6 automatic 4 door. The car has a new crank sensor recently installed ran well for a while and now has no injector pulse. Checked for spark its good. sprayed starting fluid in the intake and it fired for a second acted like it wanted to run and then died. Checked for fuel at schrader valve it has fuel there I dont have a fuel pressure gauge but it sprayed pretty good. I'm not real good with electrical but thought maybe the ICM under the coil packs could be bad I have one off a running engine on my shelf but wanted to see what other people had to say first. Any suggestions?

Last edited by shorod; 01-19-2015 at 07:14 PM. Reason: Remove links due to pasting in from another forum.
jdtm84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2015, 02:26 PM   #2
jdtm84
AF Newbie

Re: 92 chevy lumina euro has spark no injector pulse

So I did some more work on this car today and found one wire had been burned and taped up I checked in my book and found that the ICM has nothing to do with the fuel injectors at least from what I can tell from the wiring diagram. I'm getting +12 volts from both the pink and black wire witch is normal and also from the green and blue wires witch is suppose to be the ground pulse. I don't know what would cause this but I'm thinking it may be a bad PCM at this point. anyone ever had this issue and how did you fix it?
jdtm84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2015, 11:05 AM   #3
Tech II
AF Fanatic

If the ICM is not sending a reference signal to the PCM, you will not get injector pulse....
Tech II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2015, 12:34 PM   #4
Schurkey
AF Enthusiast

'92 is batch-fire...right? The 3.4 is batch-fire through '93, but went sequential in '94.

One dead injector can cause two more to not fire. Two dead injectors kill the whole engine.
For the good of the Free World, DEMAND COMPENSATION FROM CHINA for their release of the Virus Originating in the Wuhan Laboratory, released (intentionally or negligently) into the world in 2019 (VOWL-19). Ten trillion to start with, increasing as needed from there, PLUS compensation for the sickened, and "wrongful death" settlements for the families of those who didn't survive. END trade with Communist China.
Schurkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2015, 05:29 PM   #5
Tech II
AF Fanatic

Shurkey is correct, also.....if the engine is Multiport, one shorted injector will take out 3 injectors....what you can do is check injector resistance......1-3-5 are in one parallel circuit, 2-4-6 are in the other circuit.....

Each injector is 12 ohms......but when 3 resistors are in parallel, they equal 4 ohms......You can take your readings at the injector harness connector by the alternator....If one is open, it reads 6 ohms....if two are open, it reads 12 ohms.....if it reads zero, there is a shorted injector or harness(a short will cause too much current flow and the computer quad driver will shut down the injector circuit)...mice are known for making a nest under the upper plenum, and eating the insulation off of the injector harness....or an injector could be shorted internally....
Tech II is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chevrolet > Lumina