Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chevrolet > Aveo
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 12-18-2010, 01:05 PM   #1
cbailey
AF Newbie

wind noise

I have a 2007 aveo and running on the interstate at speeds of 65 mph or more everything is fine unless the wind is blowing or i get a strong cross wind. If this happens i get a loud noise in the front end that sounds like a bearing squealing but there is no mechanical problems if i roll the passenger window down slightly it stopps. does anyone else have this problem and does any one have any clues as to what it may be, i suspect it could be a rubber seal in the hvac box or related area. all help would be greatly appreciated it is really driving me nutts!!!!!!!!!!!
cbailey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2011, 06:22 PM   #2
consultIII
AF Regular

Re: wind noise

the noise is from air moving under the weatherstrip on the upper door frame. there is a tsb that applies 2 sided adhesive tape to secure it to the door.
consultIII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2011, 02:14 PM   #3
Shadow_7
AF Newbie

Re: wind noise

No issues like that on my '05 aveo. But the radio attennae can whistle at times. And when the rear wiper blade has it's rubber hanging that makes some noise. Everything else can be handled by making sure the windows are fully closed. My mom's ford requires a little extra manual help to close at least one of her windows fully. And at speed it wont go fully up because the air vacuum / pressure pulls the window out slightly. So you have to down / up it while basically parked. But that's a ford.

Not much issues with my aveo, outside of 27mpg on 10W-30W oil, versus the 5W-30W oil I keep requesting they put into my 5W-30W engine. With the price of gas and mieage between changes, that's easily a $60 difference in efficiency between oil changes. I tend to average 32mpg with the correct oil. Sometimes 36-41mpg on long trips. But now that I'm past 50K miles, and gas is 10% non-gas, 34mpg is about as good as it gets in favorable conditions.
Shadow_7 is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chevrolet > Aveo