Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chevrolet > Cobalt
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 04-09-2009, 07:43 AM   #1
mark44004
AF Newbie

Unhappy Front suspension rattle, control arm bushings.

We have a 06 and it had 8 miles brand new. Now after 90,000 miles (LOTS of freeway driving), the front end is making a racket. The streets of Ashtabula Ohio are the worst and are like an old time Nevada wagon trail which does help none. I thought it was the struts but was told by an ex GM tech that the cobalts are notorious for bad control arm bushings. I'm going to replace those but of course they are still dealer items. Anyone know of any aftermarket ones? Would they be the same as the 04/05 Cavaliers?
mark44004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2009, 08:39 AM   #2
rodeo02
AF Enthusiast

Re: Front suspension rattle, control arm bushings.

Ah... Ashtabeautiful. I've been through there a few times myself. 90K on a 2006? and I thought ~28K on my 2007 was a lot. Anyhoo, that's the first I've heard of Cobalts being notorious for bad CABs. They've only been around since ~2005. It's possible your GM Tech might be thinking of Cavaliers? Which BTW, have entirely different everythings than the Delta chassis Cobalt. I'd shoot your CABs with spray silicone lube, or butter them with silicone grease to see if the problem quiets. How 'bout your rattly hubcaps (if so equipped)? Mine rattle over bumps like the front end is going to fall off. It's just the caps on mine.

Joel

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chevrolet > Cobalt