Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Buick > General Discussion
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 11-03-2008, 07:20 PM   #1
C man
AF Regular

Quality Drop

Is it me or did the quality drop on Buicks after the mid 90's. Now I was still in elementry school at the time but I have a 95 buick and have rode in some newer buicks 97' and up.

I rode in someone's park avenue the other day that was a 97' and The qualitly seemed worser. The ash tray closed when it wanted to. The windows roled up and down slowly and even quit one time. The check engine light was on and other warnig lights. I also rode in a another buick were some of the power locks didn't work.

My buick on the other hand is in good condition. I even discovered that the window I thought didn't work actually works. It stoped comming down when I first got it but I finally got it to work again recently when I was messing with the master switch and it works now . I have no check engine light and rarly have every had them. Transmission still shifts smooth and the only annoying problem I have is the annoying charge light that won't go off.

Is this just my observation?
Old 11-17-2008, 06:23 PM   #2
jrecken
AF Regular

Re: Quality Drop

I don't think so.
I have a 99 Century and a 2007 Lacrosse. I checked the ratings of my Lacrosse and a Toyota Camry and my Lacrosse is rated better.
Before I bought the Lacrosse I test drove a Honda Accord with the 6 cyl. The car was fast but it was not comfortable and it was noisy. The dealership sold Honda, Buick, Cadillac and Hummers. The salesman suggested I drive the Lacrosse. I got in it and before I got out of the parking lot I knew that it was the car for me. It blows away the Honda Accord.
I have the CXS, its fast, its quiet and it handles like a sports car. I love it.
jrecken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 11:33 PM   #3
C man
AF Regular

I was leaning more to the late 90's early 00's on the quality drop issues. But it seemed to be a widespread GM issue. GM seems to be comming back around the corner with quality. My mother and sis have 07 GM cars and have put 40k and 30k respectively in a little over a year with no issues. If I could afford a new car It would probably be another Buick or G8. I like the "down under" design. and probably kill myself if I could get the V8 module. Just a wish though....
Old 11-18-2008, 11:29 AM   #4
jrecken
AF Regular

Then I agree with you. I just sold a 94 Chev Caprice with the P engine that in 137,000 miles only had a problem with the power window. I only got rid of it because the trans went and it was in need of exhaust pipes and a battery cable. I felt it was not worth spending that much on the car.(but I could kick myself for selling it).
I think it is inexcusable the head gasket and manifold leaks that all three US companies experienced. These kinds of problems turned people to foreign cars.
The build quality of those cars were also very poor. Trying to save money by using cheap parts and poor engineering was the wrong thing to do.
Oh well that's just my opinion.
jrecken is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Buick > General Discussion