Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Dodge > Neon | Plymouth Neon
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 12-26-2007, 03:33 PM   #1
Wheelz95ply
AF Newbie

2000 Neon blowing fuse?

I just want to start off by saying I am new to these forums. I am trying to help a friend out with her 2000 Plymouth neon. She is a having a problem with a fuse blowing repeatedly. The fuse is listed to operate LDP ABS, PTU SOL, ENG RLYS, and ENG MOD. She told me it blows almost immediately after replacing it. I don't have access to the car as she is currently in a different state. Is this a common problem? Has anyone else run into this problem? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Wheelz95ply is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2007, 06:24 AM   #2
ikeyballz
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to ikeyballz
Re: 2000 Neon blowing fuse?

it sounds like a bad short... and noi, i dont believe its a common problem.
all else = STOCK.
ikeyballz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2008, 11:00 AM   #3
WPBblondie
AF Newbie

This same problem just started to occur with my 2000 Neon. The first time it happened I moved out into traffic and the car just died. After checking all the fuses - found that it was the motor module fuse. I replaced the fuse and the car ran fine for 2 weeks. What happened yesterday, car died while I was driving. I replaced the fuse and was able to start the car, put it in reverse and neutral and as soon as I hit drive - the car dies. I let the car sit over night - still no change. As soon as car is put into drive - it blows the fuse and car dies. From what I am reading is that it might be a wire harness between the computer and motor mount. If anyone has an other ideas please let us know. Thanks!
WPBblondie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2008, 03:19 AM   #4
Rez0nate
AF Newbie

My 2001 has been doing the same thing...I tried new fuses, but they just keep blowing...I replaced the cluster, still keeps blowing...and I snapped my lower motor mount off while towing the neon back home! So today I put a new motor mount on, and I just happen to notice that one of the wiring harnesses that runs underneath the car from the PCM, was pinched between the underdrive pulley and it had sawed into the wiring harness...I got the wiring harness to stay clear of the pulley, but I can't really get to it so I can tape up the wires so they don't arc...Its a stupid design if you ask me, it looks like dodge ran the wires right under the pulley, and when the motor mounts started to wear, the engine rocked more which pinched the wires and shorts the circuit for the pcm...I.E. blown fuse...If I can get the harness outa there, I can just tape or heatshrink the damaged wires, and put the harness back in making sure to mount it AWAY from the Underdrive Pulley, and it should fix my problem...
Rez0nate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2008, 04:55 PM   #5
paige81
AF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wheelz95ply
I just want to start off by saying I am new to these forums. I am trying to help a friend out with her 2000 Plymouth neon. She is a having a problem with a fuse blowing repeatedly. The fuse is listed to operate LDP ABS, PTU SOL, ENG RLYS, and ENG MOD. She told me it blows almost immediately after replacing it. I don't have access to the car as she is currently in a different state. Is this a common problem? Has anyone else run into this problem? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
ya my 2000 neon did this it kept blowing the fuse while i was driving it that is so dangerus.i paid out the wazoo to get this problem fixed. now my car shakes an sputters while idling. also gos 0-60 in about 2 min flat. lolif any body has this problem let me know what i can do.
paige81 is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Dodge > Neon | Plymouth Neon