Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Toyota > Tercel
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 10-07-2006, 02:59 PM   #1
Awilli
AF Newbie

`93 Tercel DX 2DR 4spd. A few problems.- Kinda lengthy-

I have a 1993 Tercel DX 2dr 4spd. I'm not sure what engine it has in it. It is a 4 cyl. though. Never had any major problems with the car we don't drive it much. It only has 73K mi. on it. My first problem with it now is the engine ground wire is disconnected. As I said we haven't had much problems with it so it hasn't been in the shop much since we got it after my wifes DAD passed away in 1995(he bought it brand new,it only had 12K mi on it when he died), so I don't know when it got diconnected or how long it has been disconnected and I have never done any repairs on the car so I didn't do it. What I need to know is where does it connect to the motor? Second, the car has started getting poor gas milage. I never really checked it but I think it was getting around 40mpg(correct me if I'm wrong) but now it might be getting 18 or 20 mpg at best. I've been reading some of the post here and have seen discussion about the egr system, but this car dosen't use any oil,it does'nt smoke or run rough. I also have the check engine light. This cart still has everything original, wires, plugs,belts. any help would be greatly appreciated and I appologize for this being so long.
Awilli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2006, 05:07 PM   #2
KimMG
AF - Advisor

Re: `93 Tercel DX 2DR 4spd. A few problems.- Kinda lengthy-

A tune-up may help with the fuel economy. You need to have the codes read so you will know why the check engine light is on. Some chain autoparts stores will read the codes for free. Post the code number and description.
KimMG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2006, 01:22 PM   #3
gator2764
AF Regular

Re: `93 Tercel DX 2DR 4spd. A few problems.- Kinda lengthy-

A code reader will not work on a 93, you will have to figure it out the old fashioned way. Count the blinks.
gator2764 is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Toyota > Tercel