Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Volkswagen > General Discussion
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 07-10-2006, 11:32 AM   #1
Melsyboo
AF Newbie

Trade in water damaged car?

Any suggestions appreciated here....I have a 2001 VW Passat V6. In March of this year I had water in the back passenger seat area that was due to a defective pollen filter. Carpet was replaced and everything else fixed..In May of this year I had water in the back driver side due to clogged drains..I know I have lots of luck here..Anyway, this time they are replacing the comfort control module, wiring harness and new carpet again.. I want to get rid of this car. I know it'll all be fixed, but I just can't deal with the thought of this happening again. I filed a claim this second time and insurance is covering it. My question is what are my chances of getting a good trade in value? I am assuming this will show up on the VIN check, and I also want to be honest with the dealership I do business with. Since everything is replaced, will I still get a crappy trade in? It only has 64000 miles on it. Everything else is in near perfect condition.
Melsyboo is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Volkswagen > General Discussion