Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Car Audio
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Car Audio Do you live in your car? Then you need to be able to listen to some high-quality music.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 12-07-2001, 01:55 AM   #1
SilverY2KCivic
Cali Guy

Send a message via ICQ to SilverY2KCivic Send a message via AIM to SilverY2KCivic Send a message via Yahoo to SilverY2KCivic
Question about white faced guages (NOT indiglo type)

I was just wondering (wanting new guage faces for my '00 Civic) how do normal white faced guages look at night? Like after market ones I mean. Do only the numbers on them light up? And if so what color? Anyone have pics of normal white face guages lit up at night then can post up?
All rights reserved... All BITERS served!

"The last time you had THIS much fun driving a car, it cost a quarter, and gyrated in front of the supermarket."

i have yet to see any well done imports around here. most are road toilets driven by some high school punk -Drift

hessemer69 on AIM
SilverY2KCivic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2001, 02:17 AM   #2
sparq
AF Premium User

Send a message via AIM to sparq
Re: Question about white faced guages (NOT indiglo type)

Quote:
Originally posted by SilverY2KCivic
I was just wondering (wanting new guage faces for my '00 Civic) how do normal white faced guages look at night? Like after market ones I mean. Do only the numbers on them light up? And if so what color? Anyone have pics of normal white face guages lit up at night then can post up?
ewww ok I click the link to reply and it goes from GREY to the purple gay colors... lol, well anyways! Honestly I havent seen them lit up, but I believe they light up tehe STOCK color, so it would be like orange? (I dunno my dads CRV is orange lighting) on the white it might make it a little easier to read... but not sure...

How much were you gonna spend on em? If your car is an auto give me a hollar... I have some brand new white face w/ red lettering available

RIP AUNIE
sparq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2001, 02:30 AM   #3
xivera
AF Enthusiast

The any text/numbers/marks will appear in stock colors with plain white gauge overlays you have mentioned. (Very easy install!) I can't remember what color they would appear because I haven't seen a Civic with stock gauges for a lo0o0ong time. (I have indiglos myself.)

Your first mod = HELMS MANUAL!!!
xivera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2001, 02:33 AM   #4
sparq
AF Premium User

Quote:
Originally posted by xivera
The any text/numbers/marks will appear in stock colors with plain white gauge overlays you have mentioned. (Very easy install!) I can't remember what color they would appear because I haven't seen a Civic with stock gauges for a lo0o0ong time. (I have indiglos myself.)
I love you! :bandit:

Hows the audio setup going? These motor swaps are keeping me hella busy and I think I might make a total 180 and focus on swaps, kits, cd hoods, rims etc over the audio. Not that I dont enjoy audio, but this other stuff is alot more fun

RIP AUNIE
Old 12-07-2001, 04:29 PM   #5
xivera
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally posted by sparq
I love you! :bandit:

Hows the audio setup going? These motor swaps are keeping me hella busy and I think I might make a total 180 and focus on swaps, kits, cd hoods, rims etc over the audio. Not that I dont enjoy audio, but this other stuff is alot more fun
You love me!?
Audio set up is on hold since school is kickin my buttocks. Dude, all I need is a better amp for myself and fine tuning. The wife says, "Don't even touch the Mirage!" Plus, it's not really worth it.
Have you any idea where I can pick up an SQ comp disc for cheap? I've been hanging around with too many SPL-oriented peoples that I am starting to go off on a tangent...

Your first mod = HELMS MANUAL!!!
xivera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2001, 05:56 PM   #6
sparq
AF Premium User

Quote:
Originally posted by xivera

You love me!?
Audio set up is on hold since school is kickin my buttocks. Dude, all I need is a better amp for myself and fine tuning. The wife says, "Don't even touch the Mirage!" Plus, it's not really worth it.
Have you any idea where I can pick up an SQ comp disc for cheap? I've been hanging around with too many SPL-oriented peoples that I am starting to go off on a tangent...
Contact Ryan @ TheZeb... tell him Nick Thompson from Red Dime Audio sent you... ahahaha, he will probably bitch in your ear and hang up! j/k dont tell him I sent you, but I think they sell the CD's now

TheZeb =

RIP AUNIE
Old 12-09-2001, 02:36 PM   #7
mAtC
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to mAtC
Re: Question about white faced guages (NOT indiglo type)

Quote:
Placing white faces ontop of your stock will appear light grey at night. Depending on your display colors they will appear the same - since (if I remember correctly) stock numbers are white.

Personally, I did not like the grey-look, so I went and bought a blue light gel and now they are blue.
------
------------
------------------
------------------------
------------------------------
------------------------------------> mAtC@backpacker.com

Check out my huge civic gallery at http://matc_civic.tripod.com
And hopefully, another one when I get more time.
PureHONDA.com vetern since January 2000
mAtC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2001, 10:52 PM   #8
SilverY2KCivic
Cali Guy

Send a message via ICQ to SilverY2KCivic Send a message via AIM to SilverY2KCivic Send a message via Yahoo to SilverY2KCivic
Re: Re: Question about white faced guages (NOT indiglo type)

Quote:
Originally posted by mAtC

Placing white faces ontop of your stock will appear light grey at night. Depending on your display colors they will appear the same - since (if I remember correctly) stock numbers are white.

Personally, I did not like the grey-look, so I went and bought a blue light gel and now they are blue.
I've heard of that gel stuff, and wanted to get some for the illumination of my button lights on my dash, like my vent light, and my rear defroster light. Do you have any pics of how your guages turned out with that method? Would using that blue cellaphaine film stuff give the same color/effect of the light gel? And where can I get the gel from? If the white face don't look how I'd like them too, then I'm already opting for some 4IG brand silver face reverse indiglo guages. I love to look of the 4IG ones, blue hashes with red numbers. I got the blue bulb covers for the bulb in my Auto Meter tach, but they gave it a nasty blue color, but I think my tach has a socket that accepts side marker type (194) bulbs, so I'll just throw a hyperwhite one in there to give me the desired effect I want.

"The last time you had THIS much fun driving a car, it cost a quarter, and gyrated in front of the supermarket."

i have yet to see any well done imports around here. most are road toilets driven by some high school punk -Drift

hessemer69 on AIM
Old 12-10-2001, 09:21 AM   #9
mAtC
AF Enthusiast

you can grab a gel at a music store.

cellaphaine? I have no clue. I would think the constant light from the bulbs would fade that material really fast.

In relation to pics - don't have any .... yet
------
------------
------------------
------------------------

Old 12-10-2001, 08:33 PM   #10
SilverY2KCivic
Cali Guy

Thanks for the info on it. Thinking about ti, I guess the cellaphaine would discolor after a while from the heat. What kind of music store are you refering to for the gel? Like a CD/music type music store, or a music store that sells DJ equipment?

hessemer69 on AIM
Old 12-11-2001, 09:43 AM   #11
igo4bmx
Banned

Send a message via AIM to igo4bmx
i had indiglos in which the transformer blew or something, so they were just plain white for a while.
it actually looked real tight with my red needles at night. I would say it looked gray. i think it looked white to me.
igo4bmx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2001, 12:21 PM   #12
emadboy200
AF Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to emadboy200 Send a message via Yahoo to emadboy200
hey silvery2kcivic you can buy the gel and the markers to paint the bulbs at www.autolinkmotorworks.com they are located in temple city
emadboy200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2001, 02:12 PM   #13
mAtC
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
What kind of music store are you refering to for the gel? Like a CD/music type music store, or a music store that sells DJ equipment?
I would search your store that sells the DJ equipment. I have a place down here that sells concert equipment like amps, atage lights, etc that I got mine from. Good luck.
------
------------
------------------
------------------------

Old 04-10-2002, 02:12 PM   #14
2qwik2nv
AF Newbie

Here are my custom white face gauges for my 01 ITR. .:sun:

2qwik2nv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2002, 07:03 PM   #15
nittanys1
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to nittanys1
Quote:
Originally posted by igo4bmx
i had indiglos in which the transformer blew or something, so they were just plain white for a while.

Same dame thing happened to me, just got myself some reverse gauges and will have them in as soon as i get them in the mail.....
nittanys1 is offline   Reply With Quote