Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chevrolet > Equinox
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 01-25-2005, 05:58 PM   #1
Langning
AF Regular

Gas milege with 05 Equinox

My new 05 Equinox LT AWD is doing 18mpg on mostly highway driving. Sadly I commute 76 miles each day and with the low mpg, I have to refuel every 3 days... Does anyone get near the sticker of 25/26mpg highway?
Langning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2005, 01:24 PM   #2
molehole
AF Regular

Send a message via AIM to molehole
Re: Gas milege with 05 Equinox

Once you break it in the gas mileage should go up quite a bit. Also remeber it is winter so the car drinks more gas.
molehole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2005, 08:24 AM   #3
Antonio Waxer
AF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Langning
My new 05 Equinox LT AWD is doing 18mpg on mostly highway driving. Sadly I commute 76 miles each day and with the low mpg, I have to refuel every 3 days... Does anyone get near the sticker of 25/26mpg highway?
You are one lucky person...we are getting no more than 11-12 mpg city and 18-19 hwy ....this was the worst decision in car buying we ever made. We have had this issue reviewed by GM, the dealer and the BBB with no resolve other than maybe it'll get better .....well that's BS!!
If we weren't going to take such a bath to trade it in, it would be gone tomorrow!!!! know any other suckers that want to buy it?
Antonio Waxer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2005, 09:51 PM   #4
rubberman
AF Regular

also may help to get a high flow air filter like a K&N.

2004 Chevy Trailblazer EXT

Keep on Keeping on...
rubberman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2005, 01:48 PM   #5
DATGUY
AF Newbie

I'm getting pretty good gas mpg out of my NOX.
I fillup every once a week, thats back and forth to work plus goingout w/ friends etc.
DATGUY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2005, 12:04 PM   #6
Antonio Waxer
AF Newbie

Thumbs down

winter or not makes absolutely no difference..GM basically either lied or is having a problem with the computer dumping gas and not letting people know. I get a whopping 13mpg on a good day which absolutely SUCKS ...and GM could care less...If I can find a way out of this stupid Smart Buy I will...anyone who loves this piece of crap can have mine at a great price!!!
Old 03-31-2005, 03:46 PM   #7
Langning
AF Regular

With maybe the warmer weather? My gas milage improved to about 20.5 mpg. One time, I drove 285 miles before the light comes on (normally I must refuel every 220-240 miles)...

Because I drive so much, my wife & I swapped cars. Her 2001 GrandPrix GT could do 25 mpg and coupled with a 17.5 gal tank, I can stretch to 350 miles between refuels. BTW, on the 01 GP, it is rated 29-30 mpg hwy by EPA. So I am short 4-5 miles on both cars, I blame the milage on the reformulated fuel for now...
Langning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2005, 09:54 AM   #8
rabt
AF Regular

we drove my wife's equinox on a 1200 mile trip and got 28.5 on the interstate and she has always got around 22 in the city with it
Old 09-09-2005, 02:10 PM   #9
meli_art
AF Newbie

Re: Re: Gas milege with 05 Equinox

Don't worry. When I bought my Hyundai Santa Fe I was only getting about 19 mpg period. Now I'm getting 22-26 mpg. It takes some time to break in. It also depends on how fast you drive. If you drive 80 on the highway, your gas mileage wil suck no matter what car you drive. My best mpg is 60 mph and under. Car manufacturers test the cars at a certain sea level. I know this sounds stupid, but the sea level where you live effects your mpg. The lower the better. It has something to do with pressure. You can worry when you've had your car more than six months or a year.
meli_art is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2005, 08:16 PM   #10
Kitchen363
AF Newbie

Exclamation

Mine gets an average of 19 MPG. That's highway and city driving. If you can't afford the extra couple of bucks in gas, buy a moped! They're not as cool but the milage is great!
Kitchen363 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2006, 03:01 PM   #11
Antonio Waxer
AF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antonio Waxer
winter or not makes absolutely no difference..GM basically either lied or is having a problem with the computer dumping gas and not letting people know. I get a whopping 13mpg on a good day which absolutely SUCKS ...and GM could care less...If I can find a way out of this stupid Smart Buy I will...anyone who loves this piece of crap can have mine at a great price!!!
Thankfully we got out this piece of junk ..the bath wasn't so bad and the funny story is that the person that bought it from the dealer called afterwards for my opinion...I think she went to bed crying that night!!..end of Equinox story
Old 02-23-2006, 06:08 PM   #12
Chevy_Man52
AF Newbie

The best I ever got was on a trip. It got 23 MPG once. I usually am getting around 21. GM needs to get the message and start making some of these models with Hybrid technology. I bought the Nox because of the posted gas mileage.
Chevy_Man52 is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chevrolet > Equinox