Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chevrolet > TrailBlazer | Trailblazer EXT
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 08-30-2005, 01:30 PM   #1
acsoa12
AF Newbie

Question fan clutch?

i have an 03 TB 4x4 and was hearing the ticking noise from the front. the noise was there for a few months then the engine began to sound like a lot of air was rushing through and it became sluggish at low rpm's. the motor also will not rev past 2600 rpm in park but will rev fine once you are going down the road. i just replaced the fan clutch 20 minutes ago and i still have the same problems. the fan also feels tight and stops spinning the secound the motor is turned off unlike my dads 04 envoy. please help the fan clutch alone cost me 220 dollars!!!!!!
acsoa12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2005, 06:51 PM   #2
ScarabEpic22
AF Regular

Re: fan clutch?

You are right in that your old fan clutch was locked, but by the sound of things, so is your new one! Before you do anything, disconnect your battery for at least 20min and then try it again. If all else fails, go to your dealer or whereever and hook up a code reader. Sometimes there is a code even if the SES light isnt on.

2002 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LT 4X4 -Summit White w/Oak interior
Many Mods, latest: EFILive tuned by (me)
ScarabEpic22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2005, 06:34 PM   #3
acsoa12
AF Newbie

Talking

ok the problem has been fixed.... my computer had to be reflashed by the dealer. that cost 40 dollars but it fixed the problem. hope this helps someone going through the same problem.
acsoa12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2005, 11:22 AM   #4
MikeyTA
AF Newbie

Question Re: fan clutch?

Quote:
Originally Posted by acsoa12
ok the problem has been fixed.... my computer had to be reflashed by the dealer. that cost 40 dollars but it fixed the problem. hope this helps someone going through the same problem.

I was able to get the code p1484 (Driver Fan Open Power To Ground VCRM) from Autozone (My SEL light was on).. Do ya think maybe I should take it to be reprogrammed?? I've had to jump my car off a few times (not because of that thou.. becuz it was real cold outside).. Maybe somehow the programming got wiped out.. What do ya think? Trying to go the cheapest way possible.
MikeyTA is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chevrolet > TrailBlazer | Trailblazer EXT