Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Ford > Windstar
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 10-07-2003, 07:47 PM   #1
wally879
AF Newbie

Question need to locate keypad entry code

where do you find the keypad entry codes for a 2002 Winstar? I bought this used with a rebuilt frontend.
wally879 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2005, 06:14 AM   #2
fcrew
AF Regular

Re: need to locate keypad entry code

In the information package that comes with the van there should be a card with the code on it, if it isn't there you can try calling Ford with your VIN# and they should be able to give it to you.
fcrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2005, 08:39 AM   #3
Jeckler
AF Newbie

Re: need to locate keypad entry code

I doubt Ford will have it by calling with the VIN. I went though the same thing with my '01. Supposedly there are two places it could exist on the car itself. The first is behind the center forward console. Remove the two screws and it pulls off. There is a brace back there and there should be an electronic module bolted to it. Either remove it or use a mirror so you can see the front of the module. A sticker may or may not (it was missing on mine) that has the 5 digit factory door code on it.
The second place, that I haven't verified, but have read about, is in the same area as the jack in the rear right corner of the van. The entire panel needs to come off, and an electrnoic module is supposed to be in there that may have the code on it.
If that all fails, taking it to the local dealer is your last option. I've been quoted $45 to have the van hooked up to the scanner and the door code pulled. Should take about 10 minutes.
Jeckler is offline   Reply With Quote