Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Mitsubishi > Colt
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 06-28-2002, 05:03 PM   #1
Jay!
Horizontally Opposed

Send a message via AIM to Jay! Send a message via Yahoo to Jay!
Post Mitsubishi Motors names upcoming global car ‘Colt’

Quote:
from auto-asia.com
27/6/2002

Newly installed as president of Mitsubishi Motors Corp. Rolf Eckrodt announced on June 25 that the company has decided to resurrect the name ‘Colt’ for its forthcoming global strategic car.

Scheduled for release in Japan this autumn and later globally was developed jointly with its largest shareholder and effective parent company DaimlerChrysler. The revival of the Colt names harks back to one of the company’s best-known models.

The first Colt was a very basic 600cc car introduced in Japan in 1962. It evolved into Japan's first fastback model (Colt 800, in 1965) and the 1200/1500cc versions were the first Japanese cars to be equipped with a tilt steering column. At one point some 10,000 Colts were being snapped up each month, serving as the cash cow that helped Mitsubishi Motors expand internationally. "I wanted to rekindle the sprit that embodies the legacy and pride of Mitsubishi Motors," Eckrodt said.

Mitsubishi has fallen way behind its rivals in the small car market. Toyota has prospered with the Vitz (Yaris) series, Honda with the Fit (Jazz) and Nissan with its recently launch Micra (March). Mitsubishi is relying on the Colt to regain lost market share in Japan, setting a domestic monthly target of 10,000 cars for the 1.3-litre model.
Good news for small car fans... I guess.
Jay! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2004, 01:25 PM   #2
MITSU-EVO
AF Regular

Send a message via AIM to MITSU-EVO
Re: Mitsubishi Motors names upcoming global car ‘Colt’

cool...And when is it coming out?

I DIG EXOTICS!!!
MITSU-EVO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2004, 12:28 PM   #3
feenix z
AF Regular

Send a message via AIM to feenix z
new colt

Road and Track said something about a colt pack with evo gear (engine, trans, awd) could this be true?
Old 07-11-2005, 09:37 PM   #4
martinez205
AF Newbie

Re: new colt

Quote:
Originally Posted by feenix z
Road and Track said something about a colt pack with evo gear (engine, trans, awd) could this be true?

hey yall need to follow up w/ some links or show where i can look up this info. this seems like a good deal. a small car with evo engine! show me where!
martinez205 is offline   Reply With Quote