Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chevrolet > Blazer
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 06-12-2005, 10:24 AM   #1
kd3yt
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to kd3yt
Question Reset ECM - Now stalls at idle

2001 Blazer Trailblazer option. 59000 miles.

This morning I unplugged my battery to clean the terminals (Very dirty). While unplugged got a phone call so was unplugged aprrox 45 minutes.
Anyways, now when I start up, the idle drops real low and after a few second, engine stalls. Does ECM need a little time to "relearn" and what is normal idle?
Any ideas what could have happened??
kd3yt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2005, 10:54 AM   #2
kd3yt
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to kd3yt
Re: Reset ECM - Now stalls at idle

Quote:
Originally Posted by kd3yt

This morning I unplugged my battery to clean the terminals (Very dirty). While unplugged got a phone call so was unplugged aprrox 45 minutes.
Anyways, now when I start up, the idle drops real low and after a few second, engine stalls. Does ECM need a little time to "relearn" and what is normal idle?

All is ok now - Just went for a drive and had to sit at approx 3 lights and idle stayed fine and no stall.
kd3yt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2005, 11:20 AM   #3
TonyMazz
AF Enthusiast

Re: Reset ECM - Now stalls at idle

Quote:
Originally Posted by kd3yt

Could be several things...one being that since the computer has been reset, the fuel curve brought it back to factory defaults. By stalling, then it tells me that you could have some dirt/grunge somewhere....

Fuel system cleaner might help, also pulling and cleaning your EGR valve helps too.

..and yes it will relearn, but might periodically run a bottle of Techron fuel system cleaner, or Amsoil Performance Improver treatment in a tank just to be safe.

When the motor is shut off it goes through a period of "heat-soak" and sometimes over time the gas varnishes the popits etc...

Do you have the 4.3L motor ? Does the motor run rough ?

Another possibility is that is simply needs a good tune up, including PCV replacement, air filter etc....when is the last time that was done ?

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chevrolet > Blazer