Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Cars in General > Dealer Experiences
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Dealer Experiences If you want to brag or complain about the deal or the service you got, this is the place.
View Poll Results: have you been ripped off by macco auto-body??
yes 1 50.00%
no 1 50.00%
big-time 0 0%
may i get ahold of you 0 0%
maybe with alot of people getting together something can be done here 0 0%
would you be willing to give me your facts 0 0%
how would you rate there warranty 0 0%
have thet done nothing for you whatso ever except to say sorry about this ?? 0 0%
Voters: 2. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 02-11-2005, 12:17 AM   #1
dave canada
AF Newbie

macco auto-body in canada

well i have had dealings with macco autobody here in winnipeg and please i`ll tell you whatever you do with your vehicle dont get it done at macco in winnipeg espically at the wall st shop i`ve had over 5,000 dollars work done there only to be told that yes a complete new paint job would be in place here and when the wife went to take the van down there they said of all things that they would only fix the run -ons wow!!! hey i`ve sent letters to all the maccos in asking for help here and to this day nothing even auto-pac said that they should but have never as of yet this has been going on for 3 years now so please if you need proof about what i`m saying gladly i`ll give it to you these people should i repeat should not be in the business of auto-body and . to boot i was told that the reason the paint job was messed up is that the prep guy was painting and the paint guy was off that day something else its like a heart doctor doing surgery on your leg lolololo!!!. but to you all who read this please listen you will get ripped off big time and nothing that they will do for you trust me i have the facts on them and my lasts words to them is what comes around goes around if anybody wants to know more and even if the owners do come and happen to see this my name is dave and my wife is jamie thats all you need and i`m positive this will ring alot of bells -thanks you people here but this is the very truth dont trust macco to paint your dog-shed take-care -dave winnipeg
dave canada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2005, 03:25 PM   #2
shawnwilliams
AF Enthusiast

Re: macco auto-body in canada

I am from winnipeg and everyone nows macco is the worst place to go. In sept i'm going to school to be an automotive painter, at red river. AND i will never work at macco, they rip you off and they dont know what there doin.
shawnwilliams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2005, 05:16 PM   #3
sirsmiley
AF Regular

yah pretty much everyone agrees you might as well pay the good money at a private body shop the first time and get it done right, youre better off painting your car with acrylic spray paint and doing it for 50 bucks rather than doing it at maaco for 3000
sirsmiley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2005, 05:03 AM   #4
imtheoneandonlyD
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to imtheoneandonlyD

I had my roll pan painted by maaco. First off they mounted it terrible, about 1/2 inch to low. They chipped the paint from having it mounted to high the first time. Didnt try lining it up just slapped it on and oops chipped the paint. I yelled and made them fix it that day which they did. They broke my line of fire brake light taking the stock bumper off and refused to pay for it or buy a new one because it was "bad quality". The lights the are supposed to light up my license plate no longer work which they also refuse to fix.

I called their headquarter and they tell me i have to go through the shop everything was done at. This is quite hard to do when they wont do shit about it.

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Cars in General > Dealer Experiences