Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > Pathfinder | Terrano | QX4 | Xterra | Patrol | Safari | X-Trail
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Pathfinder | Terrano | QX4 | Xterra | Patrol | Safari | X-Trail Nissans greatest 4WDs and SUVs
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 05-20-2005, 02:55 PM   #1
rkooch
AF Newbie

Shuddering below 2000rpms & grinding noise during start

I'm new to this forum, but not new to the Xterra. My 02 SE/SC 5spd is the second one I've had (traded the 00 5spd for it).

After searching I've found no similar posts, but was wondering if anyone has had similar experiences to the following:

1. Vehicle shuddering - this happens when below 2000 rpms only in 2nd through 5th gears. After releasing the accelerator and the rpms are below 2k, the entire vehicle shudders. When the car is idling and I race the engine there is no stumble or indication of a motor problem, which leads me to believe its in the clutch, drive shaft or some other component of the drivetrain.

Nissan techs can't figure it out.

2. Grind on start-up - mostly on cold starts there is an occaisional grinding noise for about 2-3 seconds before the engine starts. I've had the starter replaced under warranty, but this did not fix the problem. It now seems that this is becoming more frequent.

Any insight would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Roland
rkooch is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > Pathfinder | Terrano | QX4 | Xterra | Patrol | Safari | X-Trail