Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Geo > Metro
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 03-13-2005, 11:05 PM   #1
KrisSmithRocks
AF Regular

Send a message via AIM to KrisSmithRocks
help

Well i'm new to this forum (I'm a honda guy you see) but my friend has a 94 metro that he just put a new transmission in (automatic D designation) and he is having trouble adjusting the shift points. He want's me to go look at it and never having worked on a geo before i was trying to get an idea of how the shift points are adjusted. I've searched the archives and came up short (lots of info on MT swaps though) anyway any websites that may have manuals or suggestions or broad overviews would be appreciated so that when i go look at it i'll at least have an idea about what to look for.

Thanks in advance

Kris
KrisSmithRocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2005, 11:52 PM   #2
geozukigti
AF Enthusiast

When you say shift points, are you talking about aligning the shift cable? Or adjusting when the tranny shifts? On an auto metro, searching online you'll come up short. Best bet it to get a manual from the auto parts store. Should give an insight on how to re-align the shift cable. Oh, and if you're talkin about when the tranny shifts. It's not adjustable.
geozukigti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2005, 12:34 AM   #3
KrisSmithRocks
AF Regular

Send a message via AIM to KrisSmithRocks
Re: help

ok well here is an update. I talked to him again tonight and he told me that when you put it into drive it starts out in second gear but if you manually shift it into 1 it'll go into first, and after it's in first if you put it in drive it'll shift just fine. So anyway if that makes any sense or sounds familiar to anyone let me know. It just doesn't like to start out in first from drive.
KrisSmithRocks is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Geo > Metro