Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Geo > Metro
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 02-26-2005, 07:16 PM   #1
RoachClip
AF Newbie

Question I need a Top. '92 LSI

I am in need of of used convertible top plus the frame for my 92 LSI.
MyTMouse has 160,000 mi.and still going strong . I have finished replacing all the factory parts, the front end, complete timing, pumps, altenators, new brake system front rear, Heck everything ... Now its time for the cosmetic's. Some dipstick tried to steal my ride by get this....
slicing open the top!!! To add insult to injury 2 months later another attempt at kidknapping was made by ( GOD FORBID) prying down the passenger window which resulted in the front of the frame being broke.
In the name that all that is sacred , the LSI model has to be the easiest car to jimmy the door open. I know... due to numerous lock outs ( don't laff I'm sure you have too) I got the door open in under ten seconds, with a stick!
So before I degress any further , if ya know where I can get the WHOLE TOP in good codition , No tears, or rot and the back window needs to be serviceable, HOLLER!
I am a disabled vet so don't try to rob me if ya gots what I need. Moneys tight for me what with 2 ex-ball&chains and 2 kids.
Now ya can see why I have a GEO SNORT!!!
RoachClip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2005, 10:24 PM   #2
tude123
AF Regular

Hey 'Roach. I've seen the rag tops for sale on Ebay every once in a while. Keep close watch there, they claim to be brand new. Sounds like NC is a tough place on our Metro's. God bless you in your service, man.
tude123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2005, 10:47 PM   #3
RoachClip
AF Newbie

Thank you,
I did bid on a rag top on ebay that was over yesterday. Did not get it , got out bid , some guy paid 105? for a used top. I did find a site that has just the top with no frame for 139.00 NEW. so's upping the bid would have been STUPID. So I may have to add this here . I outta see about searching for a frame then get a new ragtop for it. Kinda makes sense......... I guess maybe

SOOOOO if anyone out there can lead me to a frame lemme know.

As for the roads, I believe Charlotte does not waste money on road repair, hell I think they intentionally INSTALL potholes, cracks and sinkholes in what paving they will do...and my GEO has the "riding comfort" of Fred Flintstones sedan.
RoachClip is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Geo > Metro