Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > Pathfinder | Terrano | QX4 | Xterra | Patrol | Safari | X-Trail
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Pathfinder | Terrano | QX4 | Xterra | Patrol | Safari | X-Trail Nissans greatest 4WDs and SUVs
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 02-12-2005, 08:24 PM   #1
lance3113f
AF Newbie

lifted x making noise

question for anyone running the AC 3" suspension lift. i intalled mine a few days ago, today i took it offroading for the first time. It did great....for about the first half. Then it started to make all kinds of noise. from the front and the rear. i woulndt exactly say its a squeeking noise... sounds more like a "tearing noise" (hard to explaine) im fairly sure it is the bushings. When i installed them i coated the pin with grease like it said... but i havent taken the grease gun to it.. but why would the rear shakles also be making the same noise. do you think maybe the bolts on the shakles are to tight? i know this issue has been addressed befor concerning the calmini bushings, but no one said anything about the bushings ac uses.. thanks for the help
lance3113f is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2005, 08:32 PM   #2
Schludwiller
XTerra Guy

Re: lifted x making noise

Did you grease the outside of the leaf bushings where it contacts the shackle? Needs a good coat there. Same with the UCA bushings and the mounts.
Old 02-12-2005, 08:40 PM   #3
lance3113f
AF Newbie

nope it didnt. but the wierd thing is it didnt make any noise befor the lift... and as for the front i coated the sleeve... the a-arm does have zerk fittings on it, i just didnt know if i nneded to grease them with the gun right away
Old 02-12-2005, 10:24 PM   #4
Schludwiller
XTerra Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by lance3113f
nope it didnt. but the wierd thing is it didnt make any noise befor the lift... and as for the front i coated the sleeve... the a-arm does have zerk fittings on it, i just didnt know if i nneded to grease them with the gun right away
The outside of the urethane bushings need to be lubed when you install them. The zerks are so you can keep them lubed after they're installed. Looking at AC's site they show shackles coming with their lift. If you put in new shackles they need lube between the metal and the bushings. With your suspension just about anyplace I can think of needs lube between a bushing and metal.
Old 02-13-2005, 07:17 AM   #5
lance3113f
AF Newbie

their kit does come with new shackels if your using their single add a leaf, but i did the 3 pack add a leaf so they take the shackels out
Old 02-13-2005, 11:56 AM   #6
Schludwiller
XTerra Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by lance3113f
their kit does come with new shackels if your using their single add a leaf, but i did the 3 pack add a leaf so they take the shackels out
Well I guess I would go over the instructions and makes sure I did everything right, check the torque specs, tolerances, and lube everything. Then see if it makes any more noise.

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > Pathfinder | Terrano | QX4 | Xterra | Patrol | Safari | X-Trail