Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Mazda > MX-6
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 12-06-2004, 03:30 PM   #1
flynby13
AF Newbie

Question HELP PLease

I have a 89 Mazda MX-6 2.2 automatic 2 door and i am having a heat problem, the radiator is fine, the heater core is fine there is a new thermostate could it be bad?? Or maybe the temp sending unit? If it is the temp sending unit where is it in my Mazda I need help asp as its getting cold and its cold in my car, Oh the Temp gauge reads normal even after driving for a hour its still cool air coming out Thanks
flynby13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2004, 10:25 PM   #2
Mark E M
AF Enthusiast

Re: HELP PLease

Quote:
Originally Posted by flynby13
I have a 89 Mazda MX-6 2.2 automatic 2 door and i am having a heat problem, the radiator is fine, the heater core is fine there is a new thermostate could it be bad?? Or maybe the temp sending unit? If it is the temp sending unit where is it in my Mazda I need help asp as its getting cold and its cold in my car, Oh the Temp gauge reads normal even after driving for a hour its still cool air coming out Thanks
Try this...Drive for about 15 min. , open hood, and feel the top of the radiator, be careful...may be hot.. but I think it will only be slightly warm. IF that is the case, replace your thermostat, it is stuck open and will not allow the engine to warm up. But, if the radiator is hot to the touch, then you may have a climate control door problem.(lets cold outside air into the car) talk to a mechanic, this is under the dash...Later Mark.
Mark E M is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Mazda > MX-6