Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Cars in General > Dealer Experiences
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Dealer Experiences If you want to brag or complain about the deal or the service you got, this is the place.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 09-22-2004, 04:13 PM   #1
illusion123a
AF Regular

brake and service issues

Hello, when it rains it pours...
my little accent treated me soo good for the first 35k, then now i have all these little problems, i really think that getting in my accident in april has messed my car up (note some asshole ran a stop sign)
Anyways now that that vent is over with, I got new brake pads today and paid about 120, which is fine i know ithis is something that happens, but i was also told that both my my rear wheel clynders are leaking, and that my total would have jumpped to $375, so i called my hyundai dealer and found out that this part is under warrenty, so big relief i dont have to pay! But it got mt thinking i took my car in last week to get the light problem finially fixed (the 3rd time my car was in for this), and i had them also check my left break light becasue it was not always working (my boyfirned drives behind me to work in case you were wondering how i knew this). they told me its becasue my pads were low, and that was causing brake fluid build up and thus my light not to come on. so being the "tight ass that i am" i took my car to a local dealer to save money, and they told me about the leaking clindyer.
I do have an appointment tomorrow to have the leak fixed, but i am MAD becasue either they did not notice the leak or they did not tell me, and if i would have gotten the pads done at the hyundai dealership, they might not have even fixed it and i would have never known about this problem until my brakes go out or something major happened.
What causes a leeking break cylinder anyway? I have about 40 k on my car (closer to 39 actually) and its only 2 years old.
sorry this is long i am just pissed, thank GOd i bought the extra warrenty and now have 10 year bumper to bumper i have a feeling that i will need it.
Also will i need to bleed the brakes?
Ps i went to Mearig hyundai in lancaster pa
illusion123a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2004, 11:41 AM   #2
RandomTask
Banned

Re: brake and service issues

You yourself shouldn't have to bleed the brakes, the dealer should take car of that. Trying to understand what you mean, "rear wheel cyclinders". I'm assuming they're rear drumb breaks and the slave cylinders are leaking. If thats the case, they were more than likely damaged from the accident. There is a lemon law that states if a car has the same problem 3 times in a certain time period (which i forget) the dealer has to provide you a new car on request. Something along those lines. I have a list of car manufacturers with warranty issues per customer, hyundai is towards the bottom (with more issues per vehicle per customer) Your pads being that low to not turn on the brake lights? Sounds shady, I don't if your car runs this, but a lot of cars just run a switch that detects pressure in the brake lines. Did you have an idiot light come on in the dash stating something wrong with your brakes? Let them switch your pads, (which i would think should last more than 40k miles) but if that doesn't fix the problem, raise hell...
RandomTask is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2004, 07:47 PM   #3
jmrev
AF Enthusiast

Re: brake and service issues

^ your right, but it is sad that many dont know this and the dealerships get away with it.
jmrev is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Cars in General > Dealer Experiences