Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Cars in General > Dealer Experiences
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Dealer Experiences If you want to brag or complain about the deal or the service you got, this is the place.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 03-11-2004, 12:56 PM   #1
fajita23200
AF Enthusiast

RE: dealerships

Hi, this is not a really bad post on dealereships.But is an example on what you can expect from a 29 year old car buying vetran. I have had my bad experiences buying cars.I bought a car from Superior Chevy,
Shawnee Mission Parkway,KS.I had a 91 Toyota Corolla that I owed 3000.00 on.I traded it in,on a 98 Cavalier.My Father went with me.He cosigned.I was 22.First off we go in and ask for the salesman my dad talked to the other day.He's not in.My dad says" Well, this guy said this model car is a thousand off the sticker price.I can tell when my dad is bullshitting and when he's not.In this case he's not.He seems upset when the salesman says"Really,I've never heard of that."So, we worked out a deal over a 2 hour period!!! The funny thing was after all was said and done.My dad pulled out his GM card and said"Oh, by the way I forgot about this."It entitled me to a $1100.00 discount(5%)!!!! But, when my dad loked at the numbers later.He said"Well,we did get screwed on this part, but we did okay on this one." So,you have to check every part of your contract.If you agree,get copies of everything that day.If they say come back tomorrow.Don't do it.Most states have laws regarding 3 day laws on returning a car.On all my warranty work,Superior Chevy stood by their word,with a $50 copay.But,well worth it it the long run.
fajita23200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2004, 12:32 AM   #2
Doug Rodrigues
AF Regular

Send a message via MSN to Doug Rodrigues
Salemen, in general, try to grab every last dime that they can from you. A favorite trick it to "forget" to add previously agreed to repairs on the "final contract." Another trick is to have different figures on the "final contract." Yet another trick it to tell you that the bank required higher interest payments on the loan to qualify you. At that point you should walk out. If you do that, the salesman will come running with his lower interest in-hand "because he just talked the bank into it." It's all sales BS! You're doing the salesman a favor just by being there, but he treats you like he's doing you the big favor by taking your money! Lawyer, politicians, and car salesmen....You shouldn't trust any of them!

Last edited by Doug Rodrigues; 05-30-2004 at 03:32 AM.
Doug Rodrigues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2004, 02:28 AM   #3
Brian R.
Resident Chemist

Send a message via Yahoo to Brian R.
Re: RE: dealerships

One of their favorite tricks is to write your contract with a much larger interest rate than normal and not mention it. You have to read it to find it in the small print.
Brian R. is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Cars in General > Dealer Experiences