Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Toyota > 4Runner/GX470
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 02-20-2003, 09:39 AM   #1
QueenOfNewark01
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to QueenOfNewark01 Send a message via Yahoo to QueenOfNewark01
Question Completely confused...

I have no idea what I am doing!!!
I have a 1997 Toyota 4Runner SR5 and I want it to look bad-ass like those on TV. All my favorite rappers are talking about getting 4Runners, and I wonder how they would hook theirs up. I have no idea about SUVs, but my girlfriend does. I take her with me when I go to different places. I'm so pitiful, I had to take her from work to go with me to figure out what size wheels I have on my SUV. I just found out what brake fluid is! Does anyone have any ideas? No, I don't want it to be like a race car. Think luxurious....
Old 06-18-2003, 02:41 AM   #2
ldivinag
AF Newbie

really depends.

do you want that lowered look, or the high in the air look?

of course the right tire and wheel package.

got about $2000 to being with?
Old 06-18-2003, 12:06 PM   #3
QueenOfNewark01
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to QueenOfNewark01 Send a message via Yahoo to QueenOfNewark01
Completely Confused...

Wow! Thanx for replying... I want the truck to have the lowered look. I already have rims and tires (20" chrome).... I'm going for the "baller" look ... and no I don't have $2Gs to work with...I plan on doing it piece by piece... use products that are generic but good quality... In order to get some "bump" in my truck, I'm replacing the factory speakers with ones that are maybe 2 inches larger... C what I mean? If you think U can help, plz let me know!!! I need it...
Old 06-18-2003, 12:13 PM   #4
AirAllen01
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via Yahoo to AirAllen01
First off, you can't replace any factory speakers with anything larger than they are. You can get better sounding speakers that handle more power, but they will be the same size. Also, a "little" bump can make a big dent in the wallet area, but if you get good deals then it's not as bad. If you want it lowered, take it to your local respected, and I stress respected, body shop or garage. They can give you details, order parts, and do the work at the same place. They can explain it much better in person than you having to try and figure out what some of these guys are actually saying. Some of these guys are really smart in these areas, but when it comes to explaining what you need to get and do it's better to see it in person. If you still don't understand what the shop is saying, then you should come back to these guys and see who can hook you up. Good luck!

I'm your Huckleberry.

Don't hate the playa, hate the game.

Unreal Tournament 2004 Mexican Mafia «MM»Sternum

Visit AF's Sketching and Drawing Forum.
http://www.automotiveforums.com/vbulletin/f1155/
AirAllen01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2004, 11:21 AM   #5
terd
AF Newbie

Re: Completely confused...

ohh i get it,he's a low bucks baller
terd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2004, 11:57 AM   #6
havic
AF Regular

I have some ideas for you, because I'm going for a similar look. Very simple stuff. You can get one inch lowering springs (springs that hold up your truck), to get it one inch lower (obviously). Put on your dubs (20" rims), but make sure you get the right size tires, if you don't have them already. Check with a tire or performance shop. As far as the radio, change the factory radio to a better one (I recommend Alpine or Pioneer). Change the speakers to the same size as the factory ones, but better (pioneer speakers are good and economical). You will eventually need an amplifier for the speakers in the doors and another amplifier for a subwoofer (the subwoofer is for the bass). Depending on how much bass you want, you can get one subwoofer (15" subwoofer from rockford fosgate would be good). Or two 12" subwoofers from the same company which would probably make you deaf and get you pulled over. Just some ideas.
havic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2004, 09:15 PM   #7
ToyotaTech1
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to ToyotaTech1
Sorry but you cant be like your favorite rappers on a low budget.
Parts are very expensive especially "luxorious" parts and if you dont know anything about cars you will be in trouble because that means you will have to pay someone to do it for you.
ToyotaTech1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2004, 05:31 PM   #8
cruss
AF Newbie

Send a message via MSN to cruss
you see im having somewhat of the same problem, i do know a little more thant that guy but am lacking in knowledge about mechanics. i have a 1998 4runner and wish to make some mods into it, but mods taht will help my RPM and if possible my mpg. id tahnk any of you that can help me, oh and another thing, i want to use my 4runner not so much as racing or as looks as for the 4X4 trip.
cruss is offline   Reply With Quote