Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Car Comparisons
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Car Comparisons Compare any cars and find out what every body else thinks. Just refrain from making stupid comparos like Viper vs. Geo Metro :)
View Poll Results: who will win???????
240sx 9 64.29%
Civic Si 1 7.14%
Celica non-turbo 2 14.29%
Accord Sir 0 0%
Focus SVT 2 14.29%
Voters: 14. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 08-15-2003, 10:07 AM   #31
ixlr82
AF Newbie

Re: 240sx vs civic si

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moppie

Have you ever seen one? Or driven one? or even know someone who ones one?

Its more like 180hp, and the car is so heavy, that its not nearly as fast as you think it is, any of the cars listed above except maybe the 240sx would be faster, and ALL of them would handle better.

First off the car is not heavy its like 2700lbs and it does have 200hp the ss2 models had 180hp. The ss3 has vvl and beams. As for the handling again it is far better, it has Toyota's super strut suspension, its the first car to have it since the Levin GTZ (and anyone who has ever driven will know). I have seen one and seen it race too, beats b18's and 4age(20valves) easy.

Ps the cars that were racing are basicaly stock.
ixlr82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2003, 10:34 PM   #32
Moppie
Master Connector

Send a message via ICQ to Moppie Send a message via AIM to Moppie Send a message via Yahoo to Moppie
Re: Re: 240sx vs civic si

Quote:
Originally Posted by ixlr82
The ss3 has vvl and beams. As for the handling again it is far better, it has Toyota's super strut suspension, its the first car to have it since the Levin GTZ

VVl and beams is highly over rated just like the 20valve 4ages. and almost every single FWD Toyota made in the last 20 years has "super strut" suspension.
Its a toyota marketing term for a common McPherson strut, which is simply a nice compromise between performance, cost and packaging.
(i.e, it works, its cheap to make, and its dosnt take up a lot of space in the car).
There is nothing "super" about it.
Oh, and the GT Corrollas and Turneos also got "super strut" badges, but all the corrolla based cars had it.

And you if you have ever driven a Celica you will also know that they are set up rather on the comfterble and cruisy side, they are nice open road tourers, but become rather floaty and boat like when pressed in hard corners, the understeer comeing in very early on.

Nice cars, but faster than all the cars listed? I really dont think so, especialy when you remember they are all now at least 3 years old and are out dated by everything but the 240sx (which really shouldn't be there)
Old 08-16-2003, 05:27 AM   #33
Jimster
Here for the pussy, man.

Send a message via ICQ to Jimster Send a message via AIM to Jimster Send a message via Yahoo to Jimster
Re: Re: Re: 240sx vs civic si

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moppie
VVl and beams is highly over rated just like the 20valve 4ages. and almost every single FWD Toyota made in the last 20 years has "super strut" suspension.
Its a toyota marketing term for a common McPherson strut, which is simply a nice compromise between performance, cost and packaging.
(i.e, it works, its cheap to make, and its dosnt take up a lot of space in the car).
There is nothing "super" about it.
Oh, and the GT Corrollas and Turneos also got "super strut" badges, but all the corrolla based cars had it.

And you if you have ever driven a Celica you will also know that they are set up rather on the comfterble and cruisy side, they are nice open road tourers, but become rather floaty and boat like when pressed in hard corners, the understeer comeing in very early on.

Nice cars, but faster than all the cars listed? I really dont think so, especialy when you remember they are all now at least 3 years old and are out dated by everything but the 240sx (which really shouldn't be there)

While the 240SX comparision would be useless if it was just a comparision for comparisions sake (RWD while the others are FWD and the 240 is lethargic especially as an Auto) If it were for buying decisions however then the 240SX would make a suprising amount of sense- RWD plus a few thousand in mods will have it more than comparable with this bunch

2007 Audi A4 3.0 TDI Le Mans
Jimster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2004, 09:16 AM   #34
87FC3S
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to 87FC3S
I'm dead sure the 2000 Celicas and up are not AWD, Because when I raced one it sucked at launch adn I beat it by one car and a half.

2002 Celica GTS (stock 180hp)
5-spd
and bone stock

VS

1987 RX-7 (stock 146hp)
Intake
Breather
Hot Wires
4 Platinum Spark Plugs
OBX mufflers (which personally sound like $#!*)

The race was a joke, because the guy hangs with all these good racers which I have lost to one and I was expecting him to at least kepp up with me and not be behind me by a car. Now figure that out adn don't say it was, because of the driver it probably was.

"Drift can not be created nor destroyed. It can only change the direction of your car."
87FC3S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2004, 09:21 AM   #35
flylwsi
AF Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to flylwsi

genius.
read the forum rules stickied at the top of the forum.

this thread is 9 months old.
it's recommended to NOT bring up dead threads.
flylwsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2004, 10:43 AM   #36
pre98zetec
AF Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to pre98zetec Send a message via MSN to pre98zetec Send a message via Yahoo to pre98zetec

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlastikAssassin
Hmm...

Stock on stock, the GT-S would most likely be the fastest DEPENDING on what year... the new ones run a good low to mid 15 in the quarter, whereas the civic Si (new) will run a high 15, the older ones running mid 16's, SVT focus will run a high 15, 240SX will run a good low 16, and the old and new celica GT's will run a mid-low 16, the all-trac a mid 15... As for the SiR, I have no idea, it uses hte H22A which produces about 190HP, and I'm sure the car weights upwards of 3000lbs, so A good mid 15 could be expected... As for the TSX, I believe it is neither the same as the SiR OR euro-R, I was under the impression both of these cars ceased production in 2000?
SVT focus can run low 15's easy, I've seen it done.

96' Integra GSR / ITR cams/valvetrain. Skunk2 IM, Greddy evo2, AEM CAI, RMF Header, Megan testpipe, Hasport mounts, Eibach coilovers, Beaks tie bar, Megan H brace, Rota Attacks, F/R strut bar, Kirk 6 point cage, Bride Cugas, Takata 4 Point, ITR Steering wheel
98' SVT Contour, 3L Port-Matched swap with SVT cams/full bolt ons; 224fwhp.
01' Chevy Blazer, DD.
pre98zetec is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Car Comparisons