Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

carbon fiber hatch

blu3kgt
10-15-2007, 02:16 PM
i was browsing through the net and the carbon fiber hatch was something i wouldn't mind going for... i just wanted to see if anyone owns one... or just an opinion about it... pros or cons....

AutostradaVR4
10-15-2007, 03:22 PM
pros...besides the obvious weight savings...idk.
cons...expensive, and IMO, ugly as shit, so you'll need to get is painted, adding more $$$ to the cost lol. unless your car is black.

just my :2cents:

bet hey, if i had the money to throw at it, id replace as much steel with CF as possible.

jason_bet
10-15-2007, 04:38 PM
if you buy one let me know how it fits

blu3kgt
10-15-2007, 04:51 PM
well my car is blue and i have black rims and i love the look of it so i might like the look just like that:sunglasse ... my car is in good condition from the exterior but i slightly tapped my front bumber against a pole(don't ask,it was late at night:banghead: ) my bumper didn't messed up but paint did chip off and as time goes, it keeps chipping off. so i was planning to get the whole car painted so i will see how it looks before i paint it and decide if i should paint the hatch or not... i have a buddy that will paint my car cheap so i will save too:naughty: . i will give more info if i do get it

Stealthee
10-15-2007, 05:40 PM
Too many cons.

Expensive
No real weight savings as the glass is where the weight comes from
Finding someone to change the rear glass. Its a major bitch and has to be done just right.

Stick with the stocker. You'll be much more pleased and you KNOW it fits.

liquidPunk
10-15-2007, 11:24 PM
This has been discussed many times, I have to say i agree, its not realy worth it at all unles your putting serious money into a racing car. Because if your getting the cf hatch you have to replace the glass (otherwise the weight difference is negligable) and most of these replacement glass products arent too great for everyday use ive heard.

ZRYDERVR4
10-16-2007, 12:38 AM
like everyone said it would only be worth it if you were going to put some serious money in this car to be a track car or even a show car. i think 3/s would make great show car they already look sexy as hell, but only if it is an sl or base because theres not point in having a perfectly good vr4 as a show car and waste its performance by just entering shows with it.

but it's car do what you want with it. if you like the way it looks then buy it and put it on and be happy!!!!

blu3kgt
10-16-2007, 07:53 AM
well i did plan to trick the exterior out real nice, "99 front end, maybe carbon fiber hood/hatch, i seen an after market rear bumber i really liked but i will not put an aftermarket body kits because the stock styling is beautiful, i also removed the wing and will leave it like that, might also go with a single exhaust pipe, coilovers or maybe some air bags.., and 19 inch black with a chrome lip staggered wheels.", since it's only a sohc, it's pointless to put money into the engine besides simple bolt ons:nono: , i never thought about putting it into a car show but i might consider it now that it was mentioned.... yes the hatch is a little pricey, and i do understand where you are all coming from... thanx for your opinion:icon16:

Add your comment to this topic!