Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

300 lb safe dropped on Buick LeSabre

GringoPete
03-16-2007, 07:32 AM
This is so wrong :( http://www.autoblog.com/2006/12/11/letterman-drops-safe-on-buick-lesabre/

wrightz28
03-16-2007, 09:38 AM
Only Letterman would be that determined to kill a Le Sabre once and for all :lol:

Sad part is, other than tank damage, I'd put some green on the table that puppy still starts. :lol2:

GringoPete
03-16-2007, 12:39 PM
Only Letterman would be that determined to kill a Le Sabre once and for all :lol:

Sad part is, other than tank damage, I'd put some green on the table that puppy still starts. :lol2:

You're probably right. Lets see a Jap car stand up to that stunt.

polarzak
03-17-2007, 05:28 AM
I would gladly donate my Lucerne the next time he wants to drop a safe on something. Finally would be a use for the piece of junk.

GringoPete
03-17-2007, 06:16 AM
I would gladly donate my Lucerne the next time he wants to drop a safe on something. Finally would be a use for the piece of junk.

Are they that bad?

I doint like the looks of the Lucerne. It looks like every other car in its class. Also, I heard that the new Buicks are being made in mexico???

polarzak
03-17-2007, 08:06 PM
Are they that bad?

I dont like the looks of the Lucerne. It looks like every other car in its class. Also, I heard that the new Buicks are being made in mexico???

Well, you can read my post in the Lucerne forum. I won't bore everyone in the LeSabre forum. My ex 2000 LeSabre (now my wifes car) with many, many miles on it, is a dream to drive.The Lucerne, with less than 1000 miles is junk, back to the shop three times, and after two new sets of tires, still rides like a 64 Volkswagon with flat wheels. Sorry VW lovers.
GringoPete...please don't insult the Mexicans. Even they couldn't make anything as bad a a Lucerne.

Loekee75
03-18-2007, 08:39 AM
What's sad about seeing that clip is I've seen SO many other older Buicks in worse condition that should have taken that punishment. Looks like another parts donor has been born.

GringoPete
03-18-2007, 09:59 AM
Well, you can read my post in the Lucerne forum. I won't bore everyone in the LeSabre forum. My ex 2000 LeSabre (now my wifes car) with many, many miles on it, is a dream to drive.The Lucerne, with less than 1000 miles is junk, back to the shop three times, and after two new sets of tires, still rides like a 64 Volkswagon with flat wheels. Sorry VW lovers.
GringoPete...please don't insult the Mexicans. Even they couldn't make anything as bad a a Lucerne.

Really, I did hear that the newer ones are being made in Mexco. My wife has a Ford Focus . It was made in Mexico and is the biggest piece of junk / recall monster .

GringoPete
03-18-2007, 10:01 AM
What's sad about seeing that clip is I've seen SO many other older Buicks in worse condition that should have taken that punishment. Looks like another parts donor has been born.

It was really painful to watch that video.

BNaylor
03-18-2007, 10:11 AM
The last tme I checked the Buick Lucerne and LaCrosse are assembled in Canada not Mexico, however, alot of the electrical components like wiring harnesses are made in Mexico at the GM Delphi plants also applicable to other GM car models.

Dave Letterman s%#ks. :frown:

wrightz28
03-19-2007, 09:25 AM
The Lucerne, with less than 1000 miles is junk, back to the shop three times, and after two new sets of tires, still rides like a 64 Volkswagon with flat wheels. Sorry VW lovers.

Welp, that would make alot of sense since the VW Bug "I" was produced in Mexico until a few years ago :lol2:

Dunno what the General is doing anymore, especially since they killed off Olds, so folks are looking for a replacement and Buick is not far behind if they caan't get a decent model out there soon.

polarzak
03-20-2007, 06:49 AM
[QUOTE=polarzak]
Dunno what the General is doing anymore, especially since they killed off Olds, so folks are looking for a replacement and Buick is not far behind if they caan't get a decent model out there soon.

I had a 96 Olds 88, a beautiful car. Still have the 2000 LeSabre, a beautiful car.
I think GM tried to make the Lucerne more European in style and function, and unfortunately are not very good at it. If I wanted a European car, I would have bought one. Oh, well, back to the dealer again today. :banghead:

GringoPete
03-21-2007, 06:44 AM
[QUOTE=wrightz28]

I had a 96 Olds 88, a beautiful car. Still have the 2000 LeSabre, a beautiful car.
I think GM tried to make the Lucerne more European in style and function, and unfortunately are not very good at it. If I wanted a European car, I would have bought one. Oh, well, back to the dealer again today. :banghead:

I agree with you. It reminds me of the 80's when American car manufacturers were trying to make their cars more like the Japanese cars. Ohhh what a mess that was :o

wrightz28
03-21-2007, 09:01 AM
Wow, what happened with the quotes in this thread????

polarzak
03-22-2007, 06:32 AM
Really, I did hear that the newer ones are being made in Mexco. My wife has a Ford Focus . It was made in Mexico and is the biggest piece of junk / recall monster .

According to my VIN the Lucerne was made in the good 'ole' US of A. Sad!!!

BNaylor
03-22-2007, 08:11 AM
According to my VIN the Lucerne was made in the good 'ole' US of A. Sad!!!

:eek: Thats a mind blower. Built at GM's Detroit/Hamtramck assembly plant.

Add your comment to this topic!